Moopyvision FINAL - RESULTS TONIGHT 8pm

VoR

Take it or leave it
What, already?

OK so after 15 heats, 2 semi finals and several very-near breakdowns, we're finally ready to crown Moopy's favourite Eurovision song of the past decade.

Here are your 26 finalists:

1. Switzerland: Luka Hänni - She Got Me
2. North Macedonia: Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone
3. Netherlands: Common Linnets - Calm After The Storm
4. Belgium: Blanche - City Lights
5. Moldova: DoReDos - My Lucky Day
6. Latvia: Aminata - Love Injected
7. Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire
8. Denmark: Emmelie DeForest - Only Teardrops
9. Cyprus: Eleni Foureria - Fuego
10. Ukraine: Zlata Ognevich - Gravity
11. Sweden: Loreen - Euphoria
12. Finland: Saara Aalto - Monsters
13. Australia: Dami Im - Sound of Silence
14. Bulgaria: Poli Genova - If Love Was a Crime
15. United Kingdom: Blue - I Can
16. Germany: Lena - Satellite
17. Iceland: Hera Björk - Je ne sais quoi
18. Israel: Netta - Toy
19. Hungary: Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams?
20. Norway: Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love
21. Spain: Pastora Soler - Quedate Conmigo
22. Estonia: Koit Toome & Laura - Verona
23. Russia: Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One
24. France: Madame Monsieur - Mercy
25. Italy: Mahmood - Soldi
26. Austria: Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix

YOUTUBE PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0cVkbY0HdyjRnf1nA0wCW2dGg4iuVCek

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST (MISSING NORWAY)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/77tOakOFVp02gAGwBRRW54?si=cYjxDNYFSyOounK7VKDbJA

IMPORTANT VOTING INFORMATION PLEASE READ

In order to accommodate as many voters as possible, there will be a two week voting window for the final, with voting closing at 23.59 on Saturday 8th August.

There will be a viewing party for the finalists from 7pm on Sunday 2nd August. Please join if you can, or of course watch the playlist in your own time if you prefer. You are welcome to vote before the official viewing party, but you will have an additional week to send in your votes from that point.

So to be clear - VOTING IS OPEN NOW AND CLOSES AT 23.59 on SATURDAY 8th AUGUST. Got it? Good.

HOW TO VOTE

Please submit your votes in the standard Eurovision format, ranking your top ten songs as follows:

After submitting your full votes via PM, please email a short video clip of yourself reading out your 8, 10 and 12 points in the classic Eurovision style. See example here.

I would STRONGLY ENCOURAGE everybody to vote in this fashion, however if you're particularly camera shy, you are welcome to find creative ways to mask your face and/or voice. The results video will be unlisted on YouTube and will only appear in this thread.

If you really, really can't be bothered, then just PM your votes to me here, but I'll be silently judging you for it.

All video clips should be sent in MP4 format or similar to [email protected]. Please try to keep your videos not much over the 30 second mark.

Voting is open to everybody, even if you've never voted in a previous round. In fact, I very much encourage new voters.

That's it! I'm already half excited, half dreading this, but I promise to get it done.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but is there a spotify playlist? I will listen later when I go for a cycle. Not sure if all the songs are on Spotify.

I think I have my top 10 but ordering them is practically impossible.

Looks like I’m going to be silently judged when submitting my votes then :shy:

Although announcing my votes in the car could work :disco:

Reactions: VoR
I wonder how many psychopaths are going to claim not to have it in their votes videos.

memo to self: vote

Judge all you like though, I'm not doing a video or voice thing.

CONCHITA! DAMI! LOREEN! VERONA! What a line up

Reactions: VoR
Missing the worst song in the final? PERFECT :disco:
tenor.gif

Not that you’d expect much taste from someone with Anton Hagman as their avatar and references to MANEL NAVARRO on their profile.

I’ve voted and I’m going to be JUDGED

Hmmm I guess I'd better think about voting... although between VoR and Kala I'm getting a growing distrust of contest deadlines.

Sorry, this slipped my mind. Maybe a Sunday night viewing party would draw a better crowd anyway though? Shall we say 7pm tonight? Then you have until next Sunday to vote.

I'm starting to think maybe I should push this until next year? It feels like the interest has taken a pretty steep dive, which I entirely take responsibility for, but also it'd be a shame after all this effort to have a damp squib finale.

What do people think? Revisit in April 2021 to run the final?

I think it could be the change in lockdown circumstances for a lot of folk - I felt it with my current karaoke contest compared with the first one, it felt like everyone (including myself) needed longer to get time to do stuff and participate. I've also felt less able to get involved with stuff like the album sync listens since being back at work.

Maybe you could arrange it for the Sunday the night after the next Eurovision Again livestream? Those still seem to bring in the viewers, so people could make a weekend of it. As an outside observer it seems a shame to delay things SO long.

I don't think you need to push it back to next year, there'll definitely be interest whenever you do the final results - it's just as we're all so familiar with these songs, and have seen various of them recently via Eurovision Again, that a viewing party doesn't feel as essential. Combining with the next Eurovision Again weekend is a great idea if it works for VoR.

If you do want to postpone (which I really wouldn't), I'd actually say that Christmas this year would be better than April 2021, but please don't!

I've only had 6 votes so far, and obviously I'd expect that number to increase as we approach the deadline, but the early rounds were getting 25-30+, so it feels a real shame to shove it over the finish line just for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom