Moopyvision Karaoke Spice Special - The Results

COB

The ⭐ 👹
Yes! After about seventy-five years and a couple of false starts, it's finally here - the results extravaganza is upon us :disco: Join The Asexual Goose at 8pm to find out which version of Maybe This Time comes out on TOP (and also where all the other entries end up I suppose):

This will probably be the last Moopyvision Karaoke thing for a little while, so let's send it out with a bang :eyes:

Oh and as per last time - not all of our contestants have voted, and I have not put a penalty in place for this. Getting that out of the way early, it's not a big deal I promise :tongueout:

Actual footage of @Tisch and I after all the Kylie rosé we'll be having before after and during this

mel-b-geri-halliwell.jpg

Oh and as per last time - not all of our contestants have voted, and I have not put a penalty in place for this. Getting that out of the way early, it's not a big deal I promise :tongueout:

not everyone is an angle it seems

Reactions: dUb
And of course for anyone who hasn't seen it and wants to get up to speed, here is the show itself:

I'm trying to think of people who might enjoy this but I don't remember seeing in the previous topic - maybe @Sheena? And of course mysterious newcomer @Ecce Homo :cool:

Sadly, I don't think i'll be around for this tonight

GET WELL SOON GERU etc xoxo

While we wait, let's ask a question of our contestants - which other Spice hits did you consider doing, and why did you decide against them?

I originally wanted to perform this Melb classic:

... However I was scuppered by the fact that nobody seems to have bothered to ever create a karaoke track for it, anywhere (not even in Australia where the single was actually released!). And yes, OF COURSE I would've employed my green screen to recreate the all-important self love lesbian kiss moment from the video :disco:

I had a few options; my first go to was going to be this:

But I discounted it for maybe being a bit too boring

Then I thought about being Menly for a while:

But I didn't think it was as much of a moment, so I then was planning on doing this Geru number

But I didn't think anyone would know it, unlike noted classic Angles In Chainz :basil:

Reactions: COB
OMG, so we DID almost have Mel B and Emma representation :D

I also considered Love Never Loved Me, but it was simply TOO HARD to replicate Geru's range :eyes: Also it didn't seem to have a karaoke track I could locate either :(

If I’d gone Solo Spice it would almost certainly have been Sporty

As for Spice Girls, I did try out everything on the karaoke menu, but WTYTTA was the obvious one for me

I’m just surprised some queen didn’t try Viva

I was going to do Maybe This Time as previously mentioned.
But actually really wanted to do Better Alone or Goin Down (which is where the tiny bit of skate park footage came from) but I was just SO aware of how Menly is perceived round these parts and in the end it was sunny and summery and went with a Spice Girls classic to please the masses.

OMG were you legit going to do Maybe This Time?!

these theatre queens couldn’t spice up their lives if they TRIED!

I'm sure he won't mind me sharing this, but at one point ZenGiraffe was thinking of entering with I Know Him So Well (duetting with his Nocturne vocalist) - so if Beryl had chosen differently we could've ended up with FOUR songs from Stages, with three of them being the same song :D

OMG were you legit going to do Maybe This Time?!

these theatre queens couldn’t spice up their lives if they TRIED!
Yeah it’s one of my favourite Ever songs.

(not the Mel C version. I’ve never listened to Stages in my life)

Oh yes I also thought about Better Alone and Maybe This Time :D

Oh yes I also thought about Better Alone and Maybe This Time :D
Moopyvision Karaoke Maybe This Time Edition coming soon!

... Actually a Liza edition could be fun! Bagsy Don't Drop Bombs :disco:

Reactions: GNL
Oh! I can exclusively reveal that our results show is coming from a NEW VENUE following the cliffhanger ending last time :o

Oh don’t tell me that my favourite glamorous nitespot has burnt down AGAIN! :shock:

Sounds like it was going to be The Night of 1,000 Maybe This Times. It would have certainly made the performances easier to rank

The other songs I nearly did were Viva Forever, Northern Star and Maybe.

I got pretty far with making a backing track for Northern Star too.

I have some bad news for you :(

:( And I’ve just remembered the cliffhanger ending :(

Well that’s that then. Nothing left to live for apart from viciously coming for anyone who dares to say anything nasty about the new Kylie video :disco:

While we wait, let's ask a question of our contestants - which other Spice hits did you consider doing, and why did you decide against them?

I originally wanted to perform this Melb classic:

... However I was scuppered by the fact that nobody seems to have bothered to ever create a karaoke track for it, anywhere (not even in Australia where the single was actually released!). And yes, OF COURSE I would've employed my green screen to recreate the all-important self love lesbian kiss moment from the video :disco:

I contemplated HEAVEN HELL BEING GERU HALLIWELL but unfortunately there was no karaoke track.

I did a run through of I Turn To You, but I dont have the range.

I was going to film a video for my rendition of Maybe This Time as Mel C as Liza on a chair (yes I know that was MEIN HERR), but I got as far as drawing ANGLE on my tummy in sharpie and decided I looked "FAT FAT FAT" :(

Last edited:
Less than two hours to go :o A reminder that if you can watch YouTube on your TV you can cast the video in the first post from your phone or computer - and watching on a big screen is encouraged :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom