Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

You get the privilege of "exclusive images" and lyrics, rather than just a slipcase. I feel a bit conned

Sorry my 'regular' CD from Amazon with the signed card also has the lyrics in the booklet. You would think Nat could manage a boring acoustic version or two if nothing else for the deluxe.

I finally got round to listening to the album. There are some really lovely songs on there, I agree that the two proper singles were a bit off the mark (Maybe It's Great is rather better), with Just Like Old Times, Human Touch and River being especially good. I see that KT Tunstall had a hand in Nothing Missing.

I relistened to “Just Like Old Times” a LOT today.

I had my first listen this evening and this one is just GORGEOUS. I had it on repeat. Need to listen to the second half of the ALBAM more but it all sounded decent.

It sent her into writers block and DEPRESSION.

Well, let me take depression back, I don't want to diagnose anyone but she certainly alluded to depressive episodes in a couple of podcasts I listened to

Radio 2 ALBAM of the week - hopefully will keep it top 5/top 10 for the final chart today.

Adult contemporary ALBAM of the YEAR

Was surprised to see this as they’ve had a bit of a feud over the years and she even mentioned him negatively in one of the Firebird broadsheet interviews.

Was surprised to see this as they’ve had a bit of a feud over the years and she even mentioned him negatively in one of the Firebird broadsheet interviews.

They are fine - she appeared on his show in 2015 and maybe another time too.

I think it was over Chris historically claiming she said she wrote Torn?

I guess they are WAY over that. It may still niggle her but its just like all the celebs that will go on Piers Morgan's shows and say 'remember when you made up so-and-so about me

They are fine - she appeared on his show in 2015 and maybe another time too.

I think it was over Chris historically claiming she said she wrote Torn?

I guess they are WAY over that. It may still niggle her but its just like all the celebs that will go on Piers Morgan's shows and say 'remember when you made up so-and-so about me
Ah right, it’s odd how she brought up some stuff about him in a recent interview that wasn’t all that pleasant.

music video 90s GIF

Music week

Prize for the most impressive comeback of the week goes to Australian singer/actress Natalie Imbruglia, whose first album in six years becomes her first in two decades to reach the Top 20. Firebird just manages to cling on to a Top 10 place, arriving at No.10 with 4,382 sales. Her last appearance at this level came back in 2001 when her second album White Lillies Island peaked at No.3.

Which is completely wrong. Natalie Imbruglia - White Lilies Island was not her last visit to the top 10. In fact, it didn't make the top 10 at all, but Counting Down the Days (#1) and Glorious: The Singles (#5) have. None of her albums have peaked at #3...

Music week

Prize for the most impressive comeback of the week goes to Australian singer/actress Natalie Imbruglia, whose first album in six years becomes her first in two decades to reach the Top 20. Firebird just manages to cling on to a Top 10 place, arriving at No.10 with 4,382 sales. Her last appearance at this level came back in 2001 when her second album White Lillies Island peaked at No.3.
Erm it made number 15 and Counting down the days went to number 1

I was just about to Google it myself because I thought when I looked earlier in the week it hadn't been THAT long...

I don't think she's been particularly popular in Australia for a while. I guess she focused most if not all of her promotion on the UK too.

#1 Left of the Middle
#3 White Lillies Island
#12 Counting Down The Days
#40 Glorious - The Singles Collection
#67 Come To Life
#25 Male

I don't think she's been particularly popular in Australia for a while. I guess she focused most if not all of her promotion on the UK too.

#1 Left of the Middle
#3 White Lillies Island
#12 Counting Down The Days
#40 Glorious - The Singles Collection
#67 Come To Life
#25 Male

didn't realise this, just assumed her profile/performance would be similar to the UK!

At least they got Come to Life released!

“it’s been a long time
And I know we’re doing fine
But I was wondering if you’re happy
And if I’m ever on your mind “

Oh Nat :( She read my mind.

I was just coming into this thread quote those!

As well as

“'Cause there's been so many nights in too many crowded rooms
Lost in a drink, talking to strangers, just wishing they were you
Just me and you, just like old times”

:(

What if I could only have a
Change of heart
The one I've got is broken
Too many times left open

I'm home alone on a Saturday night, I've just opened the whiskey, and you're sharing those lyrics?

200.gif
5-4-3-2-1
Shake it, shake it
Shake it, Shake it
Move it, Move it
Move it, Move it
Take your shoes off
And feel
the freedom
Let's shake it
Let's move it
And take your
Shoe-sies off
Woo

5-4-3-2-1
Shake it, shake it
Shake it, Shake it
Move it, Move it
Move it, Move it
Take your shoes off
And feel
the freedom
Let's shake it
Let's move it
And take your
Shoe-sies off
Woo
What a big mistake

Oh I see we've got a CRYING response emoji now.

I'll have to start using it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom