Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

Oh I love this new song! She sounds much more effortless on it, more suited to her groove and (brand new) TIMBRE.

The gorgeous 80s guitar riffs are very en trend, but I'm not mad. It works.

Relistening as I speak.

She's interviewed in The Guardian today

Nothing particularly revelatory. I don't think I'd re-read it.
I didn’t know about the interactions with Ednaswap who originally performed Torn and that they’d been invited to what turn out to be tumultuous second album recordings so for me they WAS revelatory.

I didn’t know about the interactions with Ednaswap who originally performed Torn and that they’d been invited to what turn out to be tumultuous second album recordings so for me they WAS revelatory.
Yes brand new information for me too. :o
Thank god they turned her down and we got that amazing album instead

She walked out! Anyway a YouTube rabbit hole reveals there’s a Danish recording/version of Torn from 1993:

Album out tomorrow. I'm not sensing feverish public anticipation :(
DOOM DOOM
I mean the fact tickets were available for that one iff gig in London so late is not a great sign

Album out tomorrow. I'm not sensing feverish public anticipation :(
I'm calling a rare BMG legacy act flop unfortunately. although none of the songs are particularly good so what can you do?

top 5 with 8-10k might be in reach?

On first listen this is much better than I was dreading!

A couple of tracks that are TOO bright and breezy towards the beginning but I find it really picked up in the second half and felt more like Counting Down The Days.

River is an early favouite 🤩 as well as Not Sorry, Change of Heart and Firebird

Well the album it most resembles to me is Male…let’s see how it holds up on repeated listens.
Oh and i’m another one echoing how good River is !

My favourite out of the stuff we haven't heard on listen #1 was Invisible Things. Haven't relistened yet, but it's not really crying out for a relisten the way Build Back Better initially did. :( I echo that it's stronger than anticipated but it did start to wash over me towards the middle-end segment.

Very Radio 2, but that was expected and is the right fit for her new timbre and her fanbase of today. I hope it doesn't completely flop chart wise.

First play and I enjoyed it. Nothing really stuck and I'm still not keen on any of the singles but I'll be back.

excited to listen to this later, although I suppose the question is whether there'll be many relistens. great reviews on PJ of the live gigs debuting her new timbre this week.

everyone seems to agree on River and Firebird being highlights

Good review in the Guardian for the album. Reads a lot stronger than the 3/5 they gave it. Essentially they are saying what a few of us have said that the songs would be stronger if she just went for it a bit more and hit a bit harder with the production.

I’ve just had it on in background so far as I’m working but ‘Not Sorry’ is the one that drew me in most on first listen. Will have a proper listen later.

Album of the week on Radio 2 as heard while getting my hair cut, and well stocked on the top shelf in Sainsbury's.

I know Sainsbury's are getting out of the music business, but for the moment they must have some special arrangement with BMG as they always seem to stock their releases and often skip other bigger new stuff.

Genuinely don't mean this to sound like damning with faint praise, but it does sound totally made for Radio 2. I've had one listen through and everything would slot very nicely into their playlist. I don't think anything is particularly poor, but do think it would feel a little tighter if it lost two or three tracks, and yes if the production punched harder so it wasn't all quite so anonymously pleasant.

To be fair for a while I THOUGHT she said "And I've been wondering if fuck could ever top the feeling that I have with you" . Maybe her record company thought the same.

To be fair for a while I THOUGHT she said "And I've been wondering if fuck could ever top the feeling that I have with you" . Maybe her record company thought the same.

I thought that too, I had to check the lyrics on Apple music!

My favourites on first listen are “Just Like Old Times” “Human Touch” and “River”

Why is “Maybe It’s Great” marked as explicit on iTunes? It is because it’s TOO relistenable?
They must be worried the line “After all the shit that we've been through” is going to corrupt all her listeners.

The singles and Nothing Missing are the only songs to have over 1,000 listens on Spotify so far :(

That gets updated daily, so for first day of release it’s normal.

Album number 4 on itunes if that counts for anything ! Number 1 in Australia

Indeed, not often you get to celebrate a new Nat album! Speaking of which, my vinyl didn't arrive from the official store :evil:
I’m such a bad “fan” I’ve not bought the album in ANY format yet :shy:
Must remedy that NOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom