Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

Is the ‘deluxe’ CD package just a few extra pictures? I can’t see any bonus tracks…

the verses are a bit ropey, but What It Feels Like has a fantastic chorus. really solid groove. def relistenable enough to have been a single.

Not Sorry is fun. overall I'm feeling like she needs better co-writers to iron out some of the melodies of these tracks, and some of the lyrical cliches.

ok River has a bit of bite! this is def my fave so far. feels far more classically Natalie. 10/10 chorus, deep vibe

on further investigation of the album, the singles campaign they went with here is such a baffling disaster.

01 What It Feels Like
02 River
03 Just Like Old Times
04 Change of Heart

there's something for everyone there, I think interest in the album would've been more major. radio would've abused WIFL(FAG) and Old Times. silly silly label.

Build It Better is so shit.

I’m listening to this now and I was just about to say, what the fuck was that first single choice all about? It’s also the album opener? Curious who in the team had a hardon for that song because it’s the least relistenable song so far

on further investigation of the album, the singles campaign they went with here is such a baffling disaster.

01 What It Feels Like
02 River
03 Just Like Old Times
04 Change of Heart

there's something for everyone there, I think interest in the album would've been more major. radio would've abused WIFL(FAG) and Old Times. silly silly label.

Build It Better is so shit.

Beb I love your optimism that a 40something MOR singer in 2021 would get a four singles from one album!

Bit bored of this album tbh. Where's just a little bit of "Big Mistake" Natalie? Or "Smoke" Natalie? It's nice, but all so whistful. The whole way through.

Bit bored of this album tbh. Where's just a little bit of "Big Mistake" Natalie? Or "Smoke" Natalie? It's nice, but all so whistful. The whole way through.
I think she left those Natalies behind in 1997, to be honest. I'd love her to go back to some GRIT - but I don't expect her to.

I think she left those Natalies behind in 1997, to be honest. I'd love her to go back to some GRIT - but I don't expect her to.
Well with what we know now with the writers block after the flop of Come to Life, where she did take some risks, this was always going to be a play it safe album.

Yay.
At 6 on itunes, hopefully hold onto top ten ?
It’s really hard to know with the overall impact streaming has for a week. For example Joan Armatrading recently was midweek #5 and held on for #10, while Laura Mvula was #5 but finished at #21. Hopefully this can cling on.

I think when sales are so close (and low) further down the chart, it's often the case that a couple of hundred can make a difference in position of many places. I think that's what did for Mvula, IIRC.

From ukmix

1 The Lathums - How Beautiful Life Can Be (11,128) *
2 Public Service Broadcasting - Bright Magic (7,434) *
3 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (3,057)
4 Natalie Imbruglia - Firebird (3,028) *
5 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (2,209)

For comparison purposes, last week Genesis were at #4 in the first midweeks with 3.6k, and ended up at #9 with 4.9k.

The songs ‘Nothing Missing’ and ‘Invisible Things’ are mentioned on the front of my vinyl sticker so I wonder if there are loose intentions to do something with those tracks.

4k ish has to be really disappointing right?

There's always Australia I guess...

I suppose shes already sold more than Male did first week.

It was only released, digitally only, for about two hours and then we pulled. I managed to grab it during that time!
:D WTF?

her career post-Glorious has been such a trainwreck. I'm surprised she's not more bitter about it.

Ok then:

1 White Lilies Island

2 Left of the Middle

3 Firebird
4 Counting Down The Days

5 Come To Life
6 Male

It’s mainly the downtempo tracks that put this above CTD for me.

Down to #6 in the midweeks yesterday. No sales given for her, but Lil Nas X was #5 with 3.9k. Streaming data also missing for Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom