Neighbours D̶E̶A̶D̶ ALIVE!

Fabulous and good on them for coming back. Seems like the end will be a real celebration.

Debbie next please!

As long as they get through Lassiter's Fashion Week unscathed. I'm on the edge of my seat worrying about that one.

TEASER-Sianoa-Smit-McPhee.jpg

From digitalspy

Straight from the 1980s, we have Kylie Minogue (reprising Charlene Mitchell), Jason Donovan (Scott Robinson), Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), Peter O'Brien (Shane Ramsay), Mark Little (Joe Mangel) and Paul Keane (Des Clarke).

90s folk are as follows: Daniel MacPherson (Joel Samuels), Benjamin McNair (Mal Kennedy), Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson) and Lesley Baker (Angie Rebecchi).

From the 00s: Natalie Bassingthwaighte (Izzy Hoyland), Chris Milligan (Kyle Canning), Pippa Black (Elle Robinson), Morgan Baker (Callum Rebecchi) and Jordan Patrick Smith (Andrew Robinson) are returning.

And stars that previously appeared between 2011 and 2019 include, Olympia Valance (Paige Smith), James Mason (Chris Pappas), Jodi Gordon (Elly Conway), Zoe Cramond (Amy Williams), Kate Kendall (Lauren Turner), Ben Hall (Ned Willis), Olivia Junkeer (Yashvi Rebecchi) and Zima Anderson (Roxy Willis).

Apparently the last line goes to Kylie and it's just that, a single line from her.

That sounds completely normal to me :D

I got worried that it’s because I’ve started to listen to podcasts on 1.25x speed (1.5x if they take forever to get to the point / it’s not worth my full time)

So now everything sounds slow

Apparently it's in the final week of filming now :(

Sounds about right. Ends on screen in 8 weeks. It has come around quickly.

Do you think Corrie will end in our lifetime?
I expect all the UK soaps are vulnerable within a generation or so but I would see Coronation Street being the last one standing myself.

In a similar vein, how do things look for Home and Away? I think it has significantly higher ratings than Neighbours in Australia (albeit significantly fewer in the UK). Presumably a drastically different finding model too, seeing as Five seem to be keeping hold of it.

Home & Away seems to wipe it's own nose still within Australia. Perhaps where it's succeeded where Neighbours hasn't, is it evolved quite away from it's origins. There are no foster families anymore - it's basically a cops & robbers show now, throwing in the occasional Irene-at-the-diner scene just to maintain pretences.

I could see it being dropped in the UK at some point altogether though, unless the Neighbours viewers all flock over.

I do wonder about Corrie. It pulls in the most viewers as of today still, but I also imagine it has a far older viewer demographic than the other soaps. At some point in the next couple of decades, it's surely going to become rather vulnerable to it's viewership literally DYING off no?

Last edited:
I don't know about 'far older' than the other soaps - it's still more popular with 16-34 year olds than Emmerdale. The figures aren't available for BBC, so I can't compare it with EastEnders.

According to EastEnders wiki

Based on market research by BBC commissioning in 2003, EastEnders is most watched by 60- to 74-year-olds, closely followed by 45- to 59-year-olds.

Apparently it's in the final week of filming now :(
Does this mean, considering Kylie and Jason’s part was filmed ages ago, they’re going to be just clunkily inserted into the finale somehow?

YouGov is quite interesting :o

EastEnders is liked by 36% of millennials, 26% of GenX and 18% of Baby Boomers
23% of men, 32% of women
19% of Conservative voters, 29% Labour voters, 21% Lib Dem voters
24% Leave voters, 25% Remain voters

Coronation Street is liked by 37% of millennials, 29% of GenX and 36% of Baby Boomers
27% of men, 42% of women
29% Conservative, 34% Labour, 35% Lib Dem
39% Leave, 28% Remain

Emmerdale 23% Millennials, 30% GenX, 39% Baby Boomers
24% men, 32% women
34% Conservative, 25% Labour, 26% Lib Dem
29% Leave, 25% Remain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom