Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance

No money man can win my love...

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Isn't this just the most amazing debut single? She's been far too sporadic a presence since this.

Last edited:
I do too, it's more 'me', but you just can't deny this one. HOOK after HOOK after HOOK and yet completely effortless.

Last edited:
I love this so much, definitely one of my favourite songs of the 80s. It gets played regularly on Kisstory as well.

One of me all time faves. My favourite bit is at the end of the full length version when the vocal fades out at the end and the backing music just takes over for about 5 seconds...sends shivers down my back everytime

she has something new out doesn't she? roisin murphy was raving the other day

Still sounding GOOD TODAY as it did any other day of the week from 1988-2014. And without WHATSHEELIKEANYWAY there may never have been any Mel B or Vanilla. It's her cultural moment, but Manchild is her supreme solo token.

Last edited:
13/10

One of the myriad reasons to bow down to Aisleyne was when she sang this in the Big Brother house.

I've had to bang this on, what a tune. I like the whole album, I've no idea how I ended up with it though.

When The Reynolds Girls launched a month or two after Buffalo Stance peaked, I was convinced they were the backing dancers from the video.

This is just a masterpiece.

13/10 stone cold classic, along with 'Manchild' and '7 Seconds'.

She's fantastic.

Funny, Mabel's new one came on while I was walking home this evening, and I had the urge to listen to this. Kisses On The Wind is definitely underrated, but this is another level of brilliance.

Loving this rare radio edit. This guy uploads some great stuff from those days, many of them are really hard to find remixes.

I prefer "Woman" and the "Man" album. But her early stuff is good too.

Homebrew is my favourite album and I love its clunky DIY feel. Clearly it was not what the record company was after to follow on from Raw Like Sushi though.

this was a staple whenever i used to play dance music some years back:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom