New(ish) funky/laid-back disco

I love the new Satin Jackets effort! very sleek and lovely. less sold on the Horse Meat Disco track.

The new Tensnake album is out! @Jark

I love the two singles (tracks 1 and 2) from earlier in the year, just listening to the album now and it's surprisingly poppy but the tunes are there. Few keepers for sure. Particularly liking "Overnight" and "Rules"

I'll check this out this week! Make You Mine is great, the Automatic cover is totally unnecessary. So let's see! thanks @funky!

I don't know which the Sam Sparro singles were @Jark but these are the 4 tracks that made it onto the funky playlist - I love them all. So 80s. "Marvelous Lover" sounds like a track from Like A Virgin or True Blue

@Ellie might like this album too. "Love Like That" sounds like New Edition / Bobby Brown or early Keith Sweat. "Bow" sounds like Billy Ocean or Luther Vandross.

I'm halfway through the Tensnake album - Antibodies and Overnight have really jumped out at me. He's quite adept at a cross section of different styles within house/disco/EDM :disco: there's nothing here that doesn't get me bopping

I’m not feeling the EDM tracks and I was quite surprised at the departure because he’s such a disco purist but there’s enough on the album to keep me happy

Strange Without You is such a weird track. The verses and chorus seem to belong to completely different songs. But the chorus is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm really enjoying the HMD album (I inevitably bought the vinyl), lots to appreciate and this one is especially spacey and slinky:

The attempt to do a Talking Heads on Burn is unsubtle but fun with it.

The vinyl has a slightly amended sequencing and various tracks are shortened or extended to fit. Kathy Sledge some more room on Falling Deep In Love but unfortunately a bit of a rough edit on Jump Into The Light.

I think Fetch already did a thread on this... it's great! Love Hot Chip's recent stuff, they used to be very indie dance but they're more disco and house these days.

I caught up to the new Tensnake album this week. Some very good tracks and I am so into Nightshift. It is like a Sade song remixed into something off the Drive soundtrack and the off kilter moments totally make it.

I caught up to the new Tensnake album this week. Some very good tracks and I am so into Nightshift. It is like a Sade song remixed into something off the Drive soundtrack and the off kilter moments totally make it.

accurate description! I love that track also.

Tensnake, along with A-Trak, is my favourite house music DJ at this point. everything is gold - his own stuff and in particular his ENDLESS parade of ESSENTIAL remixes.

I loved the Gemini Rising album from last year, I wish it had been released on vinyl or CD. Nightshift would be right at home on that actually.

Get a load of this @Jark

This guy churns out some lovely stuff, I've had the original of this on rotation this year but I didn't think it was one of his best... but this remix absolutely perfects it..

Le Flex sounds like George Michael in pretty much every song. I think it’s why I like him!

I like that. It is somewhat reminiscent of Michael McDonald's I Keep Forgettin'.

More Satin Jackets!

jesus christ. this is fucking fantastic. I only dip in and out with Satin Jackets but this is instantly my favourite thing he's done. I really should give Solar Nights a spin.

This is bloody gorgeous. Although I've no idea what Haymaker is.

SENSATIONAL! you're doing the lord's work here funks. this is giving me slight Remember Where You Are vibes. the brass is divine.

As I’m on a roll, @Jark have you heard the Aeroplane remix of the recent Kraak & Smaak track? I mean, those two acts on the SAME SONG? :o :disco:

I’m still enjoying the housey Titeknots mix, but this is sublime

I like that. It is somewhat reminiscent of Michael McDonald's I Keep Forgettin'.

yes! Reminds me of Imagination. Then again, everything Le Flex does reminds me of Imagination.

And 80s George Michael, although 80s George was pretty much stylised on Imagination too.

As I’m on a roll, @Jark have you heard the Aeroplane remix of the recent Kraak & Smaak track? I mean, those two acts on the SAME SONG? :o :disco:

I’m still enjoying the housey Titeknots mix, but this is sublime

I like this and have added it to my remixes playlist, but I need more time with it I think. it goes in some unexpected directions sonically. love the pots n' pans percussion. I think I like it more than the Titeknots remix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom