New Music Fridays 2022

Funky

User
New year new thread?

Got a couple weeks worth of finds to share. First this, a few people have probably heard it as I thinks he's on their radar. Always has a fresh sound, liking this moody piece

The more observant of you might remember Leikeli47 from an early ASFM, this new one is a treat

Trentemøller - Memoria is due on 11th February

No news on Royksopp yet. They had previously announced that they would never release another album but fans are hoping this signals a change of heart.

London's Burning is great. is (something like) trip-hop coming back in '22?

On first listen I do like even though the chorus doesn't quite pay off as I was expecting.

The new King Princess one is really gorgeous:

White Lies sounding uncharacteristically loose. Song very good though:

Reactions: dUb
New Kiesza, bit of a freestyle feel:

Love this from Tove Styrke, nothing like Start Walking though. Looks like a tight fit:

A Hot Chip production from Ibibio Sound Machine:

This is quite fun:

I think this is actually from a couple of weeks ago, but I quite like it. It reminds me of Talk Talk, @octophone no?

The Pets take a dramatic mid tempo type affair and put a rather insistent beat on it:

Lovely synths and a rousing chorus from Kyla La Grange:

New Kiesza, bit of a freestyle feel:

Love this from Tove Styrke, nothing like Start Walking though. Looks like a tight fit:

A Hot Chip production from Ibibio Sound Machine:

This is quite fun:

The Kiesza song! It does sound like 80s freestyle and I love it. I like the Tove Stryke song too; I had kind of forgotten about her. Last Year's Model Club didn't make much of an impression on first listen but it could be a grower

Joesef killing it lately. His recent track "Fire" is, well, fire, and this new one is equally good. 70s psychedelia vibes somewhere between Jungle and Tame Impala

loads of good new stuff this week! some very sunny tunes

the Foxes album is out - this one bangs

spirited guitar-pop anthem - that makes two great singles in a row

very summery from alt-j, the first time i've taken note of them in a while

sad ballad moment from Nina Nesbitt

another elastic R&B bop from Raveena

and the excellent new Caroline Polachek in case any non-fans need converting

@Tisch @RJN @Iguana @Suedey @Gangsta Nancy Lam @BoysForSeles @FetchFugly @Pipo @funky

I can’t listen until later but I really like this The Head and the Heart song from last week

They’re a favorite of many of my friends but I’ve never gotten into them until this

Last edited:
I can’t listen until later but I really like this The Head and the Heart song from last week

They’re a favorite of my of my friends but I’ve never gotten into them until this

this song is just TREMENDOUS.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
@Jark idk if this is going to be your thing or not but I also love this song from the former lead singer of The Head and The Heart from a few years back

What a week for my new music radar

New St Lucia!
New Miguel!
New Crazy P!
New Rationale!
New Lion Babe!

thank you Spotify...

Miguel sounds wonderful on the Diplo record but on first listen I was a tad underwhelmed with the song.

Miguel sounds wonderful on the Diplo record but on first listen I was a tad underwhelmed with the song.

Similar, but I was so overjoyed to hear his gorgeous voice again. I think it will be a grower. I was underwhelmed by their Jungle collab last year and ended up LOVING it.

The new Jazmine Sullivan tracks are nice I'm listening to them now, but I never feel the need to go back to her recent music for a second time.

Never thought I'd say this about an R&B artist but I actually prefer her when she does poppy stuff. But I'm glad she has some buzz going for her

I am not familiar but love this:

Shamir has such a unique voice and totally hits the spot when the material lines up:

The verse feels very familiar but the driving chorus is nice:

new Troye Sivan (from what project?) out today - quite good, the post-chorus part bangs.

this from Metronomy is a nice nothingy summer vibe

another Slow Rush b-side from Tame Impala

quite a SLOW WEEK overall...

I absolutely love Sad Song. Hopefully there's some more Dragonette material in the works.

The Troye song is great as well, that sound suits his voice.

I like this. I don't think it's quite new wave but there's an influence there and it makes for an interesting direction

The new Future Islands is wonderful, definitely at the poppy end of their output:

Yumi Zouma's latest is typically wistful and lovely:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom