New Music Fridays 2022

That is so much better than it has ANY right to be :D

It was another great week for music, two on the trot after about a month of shite… not sure if anyone is ever interested in my weekly shares but I’ll throw them on here anyways at some point this weekend!

I thought it was a garbage new music friday so any and all funky finds are welcome :D

Maybe it was just a good new music friday for all the hetero-leaning middle-aged MOR music I quite like but we'll all soon find out :D

I love Rationale's voice. One of my favourite new artists of the last few years. Looks like a new album incoming

Keeping an eye on this guy, he's had a few great tracks already. He's following the 80s template but it all feels a bit fresher than some of the fun but pastiche stuff out there

Actually @Jark is right there's an awful lot of shite this week too :D all the new dance tracks are terrible so far!

The last Kiesza single was pretty rough but the new one is more like it:

Metronomy adjacent:

Top of the Popjustice list and probably my favourite of the week:

The latest in a run of pretty good singles from Lucius is the best yet. Sheryl Crow and Brandi Carlile feature, admittedly not particularly prominently:

Oh look who's back @Jark

I've not decided if I like this yet. I mean I do but not as much as I usually like a Franc Moody bop. It reminds me of Kelis's Millionaire

I don't know in which forum or thread to post, but here are two of my favourite tracks of the year so far

1. The return of Alan Braxe (& DJ Falcon) - step by step EP
The title track is an absolute return to form, French House meets US 80's soft rock. The b-side is classic French House

2. Kavinsky - zombie

Absolute euphoria, like a rush and my personal highlight from the album

I've found these to be a bit chavvy recently but this is good

This guy has done some good tunes, the choice of singles have been suspect however. This new promo single for the album which I believe is now out is probably the best so far

This guy has done some good tunes, the choice of singles have been suspect however. This new promo single for the album which I believe is now out is probably the best so far

I haven't got properly into the album yet but would definitely have released Candy Floss over Broken for instance. I think the title track is my early favourite though, it is just very likeable:

The new one from KT Tunstall has a bit of Lissie about it, then goes off in an electronic direction at the end:

The artwork is definitely not good though.

Winona Oak has released an album, which completely randomly includes the three most streamed songs from her 2020 EPs. Radio is the new song being pushed:

It all seems a bit of a mish mash but some of the other new stuff is pretty good as well: My Man, Happy You're My Ex, Nothing to Lose (which gives a slightly lower energy Ava Max) and Yours Tomorrow (a lovely little downtempo).

This is from last week but I keep coming back to it, it is quite beautiful and reminds me very much of something I can't place:

The previous single Oh God is decent too. I recognised the previous album cover (with statement fringe) but despite having songs saved don't really remember anything from it.

I think Foals have leaned on these guys recently so it's nice to see them return. REAL MUSIC having a hell of a run lately

Actual Lissie's new song took a bit to click with me but it is quite lovely:

The new Cub Sport is a summery tune:

The recent singles from Alice Merton have been good. There's an album out that I haven't investigated yet:

Quite a few good bits out this week. Daya goes full eighties with enjoyable results:

The new Anna of the North is lovely:

Karen Harding's sounds reliably stunning on this:

I loved the After the Disco album and Broken Bells finally have another one in the works:

This felt like such a dry week for me this week. My radar playlist was mostly dull. But I haven't listened to all the new music yet. I DO like that Karen Harding song though.

More indie disco from Hot Chip but it feels even more poppy than usual. Looking forward to the new album.

Any fans of Tame Impala, Jungle and the 70s lounge sound might like Droz. Recent EPs have been great; recent singles suggest an album might be coming:

@Jark

More indie disco from Hot Chip but it feels even more poppy than usual. Looking forward to the new album.

This is excellent. I started a flop thread (:() off the back of the first single but Eleanor is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom