New Music Fridays 2024

The new Nina Nesbitt is more singer songwritery and quite lovely:

Solo thing from one of 5SOS has a bit of a dreampop feel:

A super smooth sounding groove from The Marías:

HUGE week for me this week and catching up on some stuff from last week as well, here's a few highlights:

The new Justice is synth heaven and so happy to have Miguel back, his collaborations are always a treat

I'm not very familiar with Baby Rose but this is stunning, there's a little bit of the Brittany Howard about her, with Badbadnotgood on production duties

More groovy lofi from Droz

More Nu Funk from Brother Zulu

More barmy epic pop from Loren Krumar (bring on the album already)

This is the best LION BABE song in a good long while

I was looking at todays Spotify chart and there's like ten new entries from FUTURE. I feel so old.

HUGE week for me this week and catching up on some stuff from last week as well, here's a few highlights:

The new Justice is synth heaven and so happy to have Miguel back, his collaborations are always a treat

I'm not very familiar with Baby Rose but this is stunning, there's a little bit of the Brittany Howard about her, with Badbadnotgood on production duties

More groovy lofi from Droz

More Nu Funk from Brother Zulu

More barmy epic pop from Loren Krumar (bring on the album already)

This is the best LION BABE song in a good long while

I wasn't sure about I'm a slut for the first thirty seconds or so... felt like it was verging on MIKA territory, but I was quickly won round.

I'm a witch... ssshhh... sshhh

The Justice and Baby Rose tracks are great too.

I shall be getting comfortable with a glass of wine for midnight tonight :disco: London Grammar, Amber Mark and Fabiana’s album, and who knows what else! EXCITED

Another GREAT week!

Jordan's album coming soon. Looks like we're getting something inspired by blues, gospel and doo-wop based on the singles...

I love Tia Gordon, she's like an R&B Billie Eilish. New EP...

Lion Babe are 2 for 2 with new singles, an album incoming??

One of my ASFM entries is back with a new single, more of the same moody 80s synth R&B

Empire Of The Sun are back and it's more of the same, can't complain

This is good! (can't find a thread on them because mopsy won't let me search for three letter words)

From the last couple of weeks...

This is kind of The Pierces-esque, I do miss them:

Alice Merton released an EP and I think this is just about the best new song:

Lapsley going dark and dramatic:

Love this new one from Joe Goddard:

I haven't got into the girl in red album yet but New Love has inevitable Heartstopper soundtrack vibes:

Phoebe Green's full on synth pop direction is going well. I think this is leading to an EP rather than an album:

Alfie Templeman is in 3D Feelings type bop mode:

Listened to the Loren Kramer album @FetchFugly ?

It’s definitely an example of having amazing singles that actually don’t represent the album, not that the album is bad but most of the songs are very soft and piano led, so not as rich as Hollywood Blvd or Glovemaker. I think he unfortunately peaked early. But I’ll go back to it and listen a few more times before deciding because I’m already invested.

Listened to the Loren Kramer album @FetchFugly ?

It’s definitely an example of having amazing singles that actually don’t represent the album, not that the album is bad but most of the songs are very soft and piano led, so not as rich as Hollywood Blvd or Glovemaker. I think he unfortunately peaked early. But I’ll go back to it and listen a few more times before deciding because I’m already invested.

I forgot that it was out this week. Will have a listen over the weekend. Hopefully its more subtle charms will reveal themselves.

It's my birthday, it's Thursday, and I want to get fucked in the worst way

Subtle probably wasn't the word to describe this album :D

There is a run of piano ballads following that song however. The rest of the album is more what I expected. Like a Lover is gorgeous, he sounds a bit Tracy Chapman-esque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom