New Warner deal - deluxe editions of Madonna's back catalogue incoming from 2022

Iguana

If I only could...

2022 will mark the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.

No Way Wow GIF

I hope the unique releases are toppy carrots :disco:

She'll probably just tack on a load of trend-chasing re-recordings.

Till Death Do Us Part [Dank Mix feat. Polo G & The KID LAROI]

This being my biggest fear.

Thing is, though, is that she has always chased the dollar. She must realise that her best chance of that these days is giving people what they want.

2022 will mark the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.
I feel sick and vomtiing right now with excitmenert to be honest

I desperately hope whoever is in charge takes a big leaf out of the (generally immaculately handled) Prince reissues. I'd love to see all the tours properly upscaled and released in full also.

This YouTube channel is uploading all sorts of Madonna NUGGETS upscaled in 4K today for her birthday (including 1985 WEDDING FOOTAGE! :D ) - https://www.youtube.com/c/DANJELKMADONNAVIDEOS/videos

Would prefer a new album with some DECENT material rather than a load of off-cuts and remixes.

A set of concise CD single boxsets would be nice too.

One each for the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s.

I can't see her music videos in 4K, rather a select bunch in glamorous HD!

Even ABBA are going 4k at the moment.

Would prefer a new album with some DECENT material rather than a load of off-cuts and remixes.
There are a lot of things we’d prefer in life but we AIN’T NECESSARILY GETTING THEM :)

Such as ENYA DELUXE REMASTERS WITH 500-PAGE GLOSSY BOOK YES WARNER WE’RE LOOKING AT YOU

:enya:

Maybe we’ll be lucky enough to get the exclusive live Eurovision performance (of which I note all traces of the actual LIVE vocals have vanished from the internet).

Reactions: Zu
I am so ready for this I feel my prayers have been answered. That being said I am fully prepared to be let down.

I really CAN'T ALLOW myself to think these could be PROPERLY GOOD

Reactions: Zu
I really CAN'T ALLOW myself to think these could be PROPERLY GOOD

Surely they can’t stuff up again. I mean, alongside Prince, it’s surely the most desired back catalogue reappraisal in history- and he has set the bar HIGH. They’ll surely replicate.

The press release says these deluxe editions will span multi-years, so I'd assume they will be alongside any "current career" activity.
Yeah I expect they'll drag this out for a good number of years. She's already been going through the vaults for the biopic and has been playing snippets of early tapes and stuff on her instagram..

Strangely I’ve never really looked for her rarities despite having all her albums. I prefer it all to be given to me in a nice package rather than scouring the internet for dribs and drabs so if these are done well I’m likely to buy.

Does she have much unreleased material (that we know of) in the vaults? I always imagined her to pretty much record what she needs for an album and that’s your lot, much like most big names from her original era.

Does she have much unreleased material (that we know of) in the vaults?
I always imagined her to pretty much record what she needs for an album and that’s your lot, much like most big names from her original era.
There are some, yes. Of course nowhere near as prolific as someone like Prince but there are certainly some unreleased songs in the vaults and many of them are known publicly as they're registered on the ASCAP database.

Strangely I’ve never really looked for her rarities despite having all her albums. I prefer it all to be given to me in a nice package rather than scouring the internet for dribs and drabs so if these are done well I’m likely to buy.

Does she have much unreleased material (that we know of) in the vaults? I always imagined her to pretty much record what she needs for an album and that’s your lot, much like most big names from her original era.

I presume most of it has leaked already, but there's basically a WHOLE OTHER ALBUM's worth of songs from the Ray Of Light era - albeit mainly in demo form. It would be great to have them all properly remastered and officially released though.

There's also the semi-mythical VERONICA ELECTRONICA remix project from the same period which I really hope exists enough to be released.

There are some, yes. Of course nowhere near as prolific as someone like Prince but there are certainly some unreleased songs in the vaults and many of them are known publicly as they're registered on the ASCAP database.
So which era should I be most excited about in terms of rarities? I’m hoping Ray of Light / Music have plenty of loose ends.

*edit* just saw reply above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom