Next Tory leader/ UK Prime Minister (2022)

Least disgusting?

• Total voters
One thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Rishi interrupting or ANGRY LAUGHING over any suggestions that the economy could be organised in any other (equally Tory!) ways. Very SMUG. Poor Liz could barely get a word in. It's hard out here for a girlboss :(
I mean he was the only one who had a fucking clue what he was on about when it came to the economy, so no surprise that they let him dictate the convo. Kemi's answers on it were very "I kind of didn't actually do last week's homework, oops!".

I assume the trans question was meant to be just for Penny because she'd been accused of talking from both sides of her mouth on the issue, but then Kemi was like

thats-not-the-truth-ellen.gif

it is disappointing that Krishnan didn't grill some of them harder on issues beyond tax, the economy and cost of living. Kemi for example has repeatedly voted against gay marriage and adoption rights, and is the only candidate who has not given a statement to LGBT+ Conservatives. that should be a talking point on a broadcast designed to spotlight our next PM.

I didn't watch it, but the post-debate polling is pretty much what I would have expected.

I hope Kay Burley is in a FOUL mood when she gets her hands on them on Tuesday.

Are any one on one interviews lined up with anyone tough? Now that would be interesting.

I noticed the Mail yesterday were championing Truss and denouncing Mordaunt.

Curiously our esteemed and certainly not corrupt print press seem to be especially going for Mordaunt, coincidentally the only candidate to have called for proper press regulation at the time of the Leveson inquiry :eyes:

Get Brexit re-done.

I can't. But at the same time, I can. Because they should re-do it by re-joining the SM and CU as a rule-taker and assume the UK's new sub-bottom role in continental affairs.

Yeah we can’t have Truss right now. Someone needs to steer the ship for a couple of years. I’m not expecting them to dock safely in Barbados but maybe just avoid the icebergs between now and the election

Just checking everyone knows it's a spoof and gets the 'Micky Take' gag, right.

Because I see people falling for him ALL THE TIME including myself on multiple occasions until the penny dropped

Just checking everyone knows it's a spoof and gets the 'Micky Take' gag, right.

Because I see people falling for him ALL THE TIME including myself on multiple occasions until the penny dropped
I'd never seen it before, but yes I assumed it was a spoof! (Though I didn't get the "Mickey Take" joke!)

Liz has another chance to showcase her Charisma (3) Uniqueness (7) Nerve (11) and Talent (1) on the second debate on ITV1 at 7pm.

Can’t wait to see what Thatcher Drag she comes out in this time.
Ask and you shall receive - the snatch gameness of it all down to the facial expression & head tilt (+/- traces of repugnant personality)

1658089126368.png

Our very own Iron Lady 2.0 :love::love::love::love::love:

I lived for the "which do you regret more?" question for SO many reasons - not least Liz haymakering him back over it, but also how UTTERLY THICK it is for the notional next Tory leader to be making out being a Lib Dem or a Remainer is something to be embarrassed about given the issues they're facing in the Home Counties!

View attachment 11475

"My parents were left wing activists. "

What happened then?

I hope they're both ASHAMED of you now from BEYOND THE GRAVE.
Her Dad is ashamed of her, at least. When she first stood as an MP, he refused to campaign for her. Her Mum was happy to campaign for her, so I guess we know where Lizzie gets her integrity.

Imagine Mama and Papa Truss having to tell their friends at the CND rally why little Elizabeth wouldn't be showing up again. They wouldn't be able to show their faces at the commune :(

On a similar note, I very rarely get any kind of political insight out of Ma & Pa VoR, but this weekend my dad revealed that back when my family ran a florist business in Liverpool in the 00s, they would get an order every year from Esther McVey to send a bouqet of expensive flowers to her mother.

Every year, on delivery, Mother McVey would coldly state “send ‘em back!” and slam the door in my dad’s face.

My Dad never minded because he got to keep the money and re-use the flowers. :disco:

Living in Leeds, I can confirm that Liz Truss trying to flog her childhood in ROUNDHAY as some kind of roughshod working class upbringing is UTTERLY LUDICROUS :D It's 90% well-heeled Jewish people in detached houses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom