Next Tory leader/ UK Prime Minister (2022)

Least disgusting?

• Total voters
VoR, love you and all that, but on the basis that you’re a sane, intelligent individual, could you retract the statement that Boris is charismatic?

It made me a little bit sick in my mouth.
For the purposes he was required for, he IS charismatic. Not in a witty or charming way, more for the way he managed to bullshit the country into believing that letting him shit on their kids was for their own good.

I’m not saying I’M charmed by him FFS!

Trump is charismatic too. I don’t get it at all, but clearly to a lot of people he has something.

Opportunism. That’s the something I’d put in place of charisma. Trump also.

I could spend a week rummaging through decades of tweets, articles and statements from the pair of them, and not ONCE come up with a quote that they truly believe or understand, rather than something they said / were told to say, because it would cause a reaction of some kind.

I’m semi not even mad at them to be honest. I’m mad at the parade of fuckwits who lap it up.

Loving how @VoR suggesting that a lot of white English racists found Boris charismatic has been read as VoR wanting to bottom for Boris.

I think @Beverley's take is most important: the biggest problem is with the English electorate. They want to "stop the boats"; they want "British laws for British people" (but not Scottish laws for Scottish people obvs); they want an end to "woke" issues, because they are (largely quiet and polite) bigots.

I think being female will be a disadvantage for Truss. Being an incompetent bumbling buffoon has an appeal to cunts when it's a scruffy-haired man, but when it's a woman, it's a different story.

Last edited:
(To the tune of "Jamaica Inn")

The sexiest thing is TRUSS
I wake up to find the Mordaunt has come
Tying up along your Gove
How was I to know that Rishi has come
Between Theresa's

Beneath your Tugendhats
I have worshiped
At the 10 Downing Inn
At the 10 Downing Inn

If you know, you know :eyes:
And yes my sisters in the sacred feminine @Tisch @Iguana @BoysForSeles and @jivafox all know
Haha (but I’m still nipping out to the bar when it comes on the set).

For the record I was being playful with VoR, I thought that was clear.

We’re all on the same side with this, just varying degrees of abject horror.

• Care
Reactions: VoR
She definitely isn't going to get the easy ride that Boris got. Let's not forget that by the end of his time in government the love for Boris is totally gone in the minds of many. She was closely associated with that administration and she's not an unknown.

She's also terrible on TV and a quick youtube search will bring up tons of videos of her making a complete tit of when asked basic questions. She can't deal with shit and she's got cost of living, eye watering inflation and salary cuts to deal with.

Regardless of everything, Boris and Liz are both populists. That’s the common thread I can’t abide and pretty much the only reason I don’t want her as PM because it’s more of the same shit. I’d rather some different shit to the same populist shit. It’s smeared across every word that comes out of their mouth. I do believe that most if not all people on moopy are completely aware of that. Now, if only I could limit the electorate to people on moopy I’d be a bit happier

(Even if it meant half the cabinet was made up of drag queens and real housewives)

Poor @funky upon learning the Moopy electorate have delivered a landslide to Liz Truss.

Confused Wait What GIF by GIPHY News

If you want to do a small thing to stop people treating these oafs as loveable scalliwags, stop calling them ‘Boris’, ‘Liz’ and ‘Rishi’, and use their surname instead. Every time people called the last prime minister by his first name only, they played into his branding.

Cf. people STILL wanging on about Queen Diane's little maths slip-up YEARS LATER.
I think they do this less because she's a woman, and more because she is black. Let's be honest, the British public hate seeing black women succeed.

Was Truss responsible for this iconic trade deal?

Partly. She was International Trade Secretary for most of the negotiation period, but not the last few months.

You’d hope it’s the sort of thing that gets debated in cabinet, but the clown in charge probably couldn’t care less.

Reactions: LTZ
He’s like a sad girl, who’s boyfriend has left her, and still believes he’s coming back, even though he’s already fucking someone else, and the person he’s fucking is…

LIZ TRUSS

If you want to do a small thing to stop people treating these oafs as loveable scalliwags, stop calling them ‘Boris’, ‘Liz’ and ‘Rishi’, and use their surname instead. Every time people called the last prime minister by his first name only, they played into his branding.
How Victorian :D

It really isn’t. There’s no reason not to call him Johnson rather than the ‘adorable’ nickname that isn’t even his first name or the name his family uses.
But who else do we refer to by their surnames other than politicians? It seems oddly outdated and respectful for people we don't respect

But who else do we refer to by their surnames other than politicians? It seems oddly outdated and respectful for people we don't respect
I may take your point about politicians in general - but in his case it was very definitely a tool in creating the image of him as a loveable buffoon or a 'mate', instead of the epitome of an over privileged elite. So I agree with Madison as well.

Respectful would be ‘Mr Johnson’. Johnson is just his name. I’d call him Boris (or Alex) if he was my acquaintance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom