Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
I must say, as a sore loser I'm quite excited about the replay function and getting to change player perspectives as those who are in a different class you can now learn from, which was something I always wanted to be a feature. Oh, I'm talking Splatoon 3 of course. The test-fire (NSO required) is in 2 weeks time. I'm not completely sold on it just yet, but it does seem inevitable that I'll soon have as many hours under my belt for 3 as I have for 2 and 1.

I wonder when the next full Direct will be? I have seen people theorising that Nintendo are putting it off because they might feel like they have to show Zelda :eyes:

When they do things like this, I always think they're re-shuffling their cards. 2023 feels like such a mystery to me - I wonder if they really didn't expect the Switch to still be selling (I think it's above the pre-covid 2019, but below the 2 Covid boom years sales-wise) and along with the issue of chips that a new system may encounter are adjusting to riding the wave a little longer (even if they did tout a 10 year life cycle of something crazy like that ages ago).

Am I the only one who doesn't have any strong reaction to what's been shown of BotW2 so far? I'm quite happy to wait as long as they want with that one - I personally need to re-start 1 as I'll have forgotten the controls as ever with these games and despite my 100+ hours playtime never took on a single boss titan thing (terminology is wrong, but you know those big things). It really does feel like I've left poor Link in this haunting world and that's just not very nice of me now is it :)

Reactions: COB
I will never be ok with Mario characters talking full sentences. It creeps me out.

OMG I loved this game, I always did the cheat that replaced your jetski with a dolphin :disco:

Unfortunately I no longer have my N64 cartridge (I sold everything that was either on Virtual Console or Rare Replay - except a pristine Mario Tennis bizarrely) so I can't check again all the names I changed, but yes S. GRAF and J. JACKSON were 2 of them.

God I love Aspen Lake. Almost as much as I love Nintendo using their fog artistically :) They called it something else on Blue Storm, but it would most certainly need to return if they ever did another one.

It's a great game - the physics are fun and the slalom gameplay makes it very different to other racers, plus the acrobatics is a nice touch.

The only bad thing about it is the absolute dogshit PAL conversion we were slumbered with in Europe. I'm not a FRAMES QUEEN but even I can tell how botched it is, the black borders on this game are particularly terrible. Presumably they're giving away the American version on Switch?

I saw that rumour, and something about the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports possibly being part of it. And as always I'll cross everything for news about Silksong, one of these times it'll actually happen :eyes:

I saw that rumour, and something about the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports possibly being part of it. And as always I'll cross everything for news about Silksong, one of these times it'll actually happen :eyes:
I don't want any more ports of old Zeldas right now. If they announce those it's hard not to interpret it as them saying that BOTW2 is still going to be ages away.

Yeah I will always have time for Nintendo but their release schedule for the Switch has been frankly BAFFLING since the pandemic.

I guess you have Splatoon 3 which I won't bother with but by looking at the reviews it just looks like Splatton 2 but bigger (who knew?).

That's what I thought too, dmlaw. You can't really release 2 old ports of ports and then BotW within months - the rumour from "Emily" seems to more cautiously committing to the idea of old remasters from the GameCube era, which seems quite an obvious thing to do really. The 2022 release schedule is already more than fine (Bayonetta, Mario+Rabbids, Pokemon). Also from Ems: Metroid Prime remaster, 2 Fire Emblem games (1 remake, 1 new), Advance Wars 1&2 (we know I guess) and a "1-2 Switch type sequel" (supposedly terrible) are all ready to go. If true, I do see 2023 being very boring, yes, but padded out far better than how the 3DS chugged to a standstill. If the next successor is not 2024, then my god :D

Splatoon 3's reviews seem quite decent, but my goodness do I not care (I mean, yes, I've pre-ordered it and now that my weekend plans have been ruined I'll be completely glued). I honestly think S3 has been decided as the best way to try and build its momentum without being the bold leap that another entry on the next hardware will be expected to have. However, it's refreshing it on a much higher install base so what do I know. I do wonder if Splatoon 2 will get a permanent discount though.

I’ll take the Metroid Prime remake then. Guess I’ll be waiting for that in 2025.

I never thoughts about it but the Switch is actually +5 years old now. Wowsers.

A direct tomorrow, but not being livestreamed by Nintendo UK as a mark of respect :manson:

Of course, the other streams will still be accessible so it makes it entirely pointless as a gesture

I need a curve ball from Nintendo at this point. I don't care if it's got graphics from 2015. Just some out of the box stuff would be nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom