Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

Unreal Engine 5 was announced today, along with a demo (captured from PS5 hardware) showing it off:

Very impressive stuff!

As someone whose knowledge of video games is still stuck in 2002... MIND BLOWN.

Wow! I mean I don’t really get anything about a million billion triangles but... it’s pretty :)

I wish there had been a reveal that the French guy was just CGI though :disco:

Are we not going to just get actual unveils for them both? I'm getting rather impatient with all the drips. I am choosing not to watch anything else until then (I fell asleep during the Microsoft thing not long after the game with the grab mechanic).

Oh! This is quite exciting :o

There has been a persistent rumour that Sony have either bought or licenced Silent Hill from Konami and a new game in the series will be revealed soon, I wonder if that'll show up on this?

Oh! This is quite exciting :o

There has been a persistent rumour that Sony have either bought or licenced Silent Hill from Konami and a new game in the series will be revealed soon, I wonder if that'll show up on this?

Did they not already? I haven't heard from Silent Hill in ages.

The only one I've ever played is "The Room" and that was terrifying :D Horror survival aren't my forte.

There was the amazing-looking Silent Hills from Hideo Kojima (collaborating with Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus), but Konami cancelled it and basically don't make games any more because gambling machines make them more money - it led to Kojima fucking off and making Death Stranding.

Reveal delayed due to the current situation

Question, should I go PlayStation instead of x box this time round?

Question, should I go PlayStation instead of x box this time round?

The answer will always be PlayStation.

Sony's exclusives are galaxies better than Microsoft's.
The only generation where the Xbox was better was with the Xbox 360 and it was only by default, since the PS3 was dodgy.

Always PS, except when it's not.

I hope the Microsoft one isn't far off as comparing them is going to be half the fun as someone who won't be getting either for a good while. I sold my PS4 the other day - it went so fast I'm trying not to imagine I went too low like my non yellow impeccable SNES. XBO is taking longer to go..

The only generation where the Xbox was better was with the Xbox 360 and it was only by default, since the PS3 was dodgy.
That was first time I got a console so am now hooked into the Xbox infrastructure; the PS controller just feels wrong to me but I fear I'm hitched to the wrong horse now :(

That was first time I got a console so am now hooked into the Xbox infrastructure; the PS controller just feels wrong to me but I fear I'm hitched to the wrong horse now :(

the new PS controller looks chunkier and more like an Xbox controller so they might be hope for your boxy hands yet :(

Reactions: D5K
The PS exclusives are just better. Imagine not playing God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn or Bloodborne. Those are all 10s.

Wasn’t SF5 a big mess?

I would die if one of the game reveals is the new Dragon Age.

Lol and they didn’t even show the updated footage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom