Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

Yeah, review embargoes dropped and youtube people have them now. I was very tempted, but a holy grail collector item for wii U popped up and I had to pounce instead. I'm sure 4K Rare Replay and Forza Horizons would have been unreal though :)

I'm still trying to get a PS5 :eyes: Apparently the next few days are when GAME will start charging people who have already pre-ordered so there might be a wave of availability as some peoples' cards could get declined etc.

I’m seeing everyone rave about the new PS5 controller.

Yes, there are about five PS4 games that aren't compatible (nothing popular) and everything else should work perfectly and/or get improved framerates etc - you can download your purchased games from the store, or use a disc (unless you get the PS5 model that doesn't have a disc drive, like a schmuck :tongueout:)

OMG after days and days of trying I've managed to get a preorder secured with GAME :disco: There's no guarantee I'll get one on launch day (apparently you had to order before the 22nd of October for that), but we'll see.

I look forward to playing Gravity Rush 2 and Odin Sphere in 4k in 2023 when I eventually bite the bullet and get one.

Reactions: COB
OMG after days and days of trying I've managed to get a preorder secured with GAME :disco: There's no guarantee I'll get one on launch day (apparently you had to order before the 22nd of October for that), but we'll see.
Wow. It’s been sold out here since the day pre-orders launched. People are selling them on eBay for double the price.

I'm still trying to get a PS5 :eyes: Apparently the next few days are when GAME will start charging people who have already pre-ordered so there might be a wave of availability as some peoples' cards could get declined etc.

COB seeking to take advantage of COVID job losses :(

Reactions: SDF
I've been up close and personal with the UK Deals ghouls, they all do preorders on multiple sites and buy extra to sell on - I'm going to assume I got one of theirs :tongueout:

the theme song is the pandemic that should've been, still bopping to it

Reactions: COB
My PS5 arrived today but the PS5 game I ordered isn’t coming until Monday so I played Bugsnax all day :disco:

How is it then? Blazing fast? No longer have to wait 5 minutes for a menu to appear?

How is it then? Blazing fast? No longer have to wait 5 minutes for a menu to appear?
You don’t have to wait for anything outside of games. But I’ve only played Bugsnax and the built in Astro game so far.
Apparently on the PS4 the loading times are frustrating for Bugsnax. The most I noticed on the PS5 was a few seconds.
I absolutely love the new features of the DuelSense. I don’t know how much use it’ll get though.

I've seen videos of Miles Morales where it takes about seven seconds from the PS5 menu to the title screen, then TWO seconds from the save selection screen to the game itself :shock:

This is quite nice - No Man's Sky are doing a free upgrade for owners of the current gen versions:

More of this sort of thing, please!

I feel like MS have been a bit better than Sony on this front generally, with their Smart Delivery thing - if you buy an Xbox game you can play it on Xbox One OR Xbox Series S/X, simple as that. Sony seem to be more keen on leaving it up to the publishers.

I got No Man's Sky on release. while I wasn't one of the thousands who had jerked themselves rotten with hype, it was a meagre experience to be honest. but with the expansions the last couple of years and the most recent one, which is almost a complete overhaul, it really has become a great game. the developers deserve tons of praise for sticking with it. and it's all been free!

Yeah, I got it on sale around the time of one of the last expansions - they deserve a lot of credit for sticking with it when the game was seen as a laughing stock and getting it to the stage it's at now. I think I'll start a new game of it on PS5!

This time tomorrow I'll be using my PS5 :shock:

This is quite fun - Sony rebrand Oxford Circus tube station with the four PlayStation symbols:

The Tube rebranding also extends across London. Mile End station is now being rebranded Miles End, in a nod to Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Lancaster Gate is being rebranded Ratchet and Clankaster Gate, Seven Sisters transformed into Gran Turismo 7Sisters, and West Ham into Horizon Forbidden West Ham. These four Tube names are temporary, but the rebranding at these additional stations will last all the way until December 16th.

Reactions: GNL
Don’t do the unboxing in that establishment you’ll get lynched

Right, I have just unboxed my PS5 (forgot to do a video where I also show the feet, sorry) and it really is VERY VERY LARGE. Thankfully it fits underneath my TV, as I was worried I'd have to sit it vertically at one side or something. I haven't turned it on yet :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom