Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

I played that AstroBot thing on the PS5 at my mates. What an absolute delight. Is there chat of it it becoming a fuller game?

It was soooo Nintendo and I loved it.
There's a full Astro Bot game on PS4, but it's exclusive to PSVR - I'm assuming there'll be a sequel on the new VR headset that's coming, but they really are missing a trick if they're not making a full-length sequel to Astro's Playroom as well. Nothing I've played on the PS5 has utilised the controller that well, it was amazing :disco:

I wasn't wowed by the haptic feedback while playing Astro but I also only played one level. maybe my controller is wonky

I have barely even heard of PS Now. they can merge it with PS Plus all they like as long as they don't raise the price

has anyone played the dwarf game that is this month's Plus game? it looks fun but it's only online, isn't it?

AstroBot is so good!

Did the speed runs over Christmas and finished the whole thing off. Lovely bit of fan service and yes, very Nintendo.

Reactions: COB
State of Play about to start, let's see what old trash they're serving up :eyes:

Why is everyone in modern videogames SO CUTSCENE SASSY :zombie: I blame MARVEL FILMS!

Forspoken is definitely too SASS HEAVY from the trailers so far, I'm sure it'll be one of those games where the character constantly talks to themselves/the player too. Only Bubsy can get away with that!

TMNT collection :disco: including portable games, the ARCADE AND the fighters?! wowsers.

Reactions: COB
PS Now possibly DEAD soon?

This will probably end up coinciding with a State of Play presentation or some other announcement about what they're planning on replacing it with. There were rumours a while back that it's being folded into PS Plus, but we'll see :o

Whatever this is (it's known internally as "Spartacus") is ALLEGEDLY being revealed this week :shock:

It seems to be:
  • Current PS Plus (free games each month, online play etc)
  • Extra (the above plus PS Now - a selection of PS4/PS5 games)
  • Premium (the above plus a library of PS1, PS2 and PSP games with PS3 games available via streaming)
Hmmmmmm.

I think that’s the lowest tier and we’ll keep it until it expires/gets cancelled.

State of Play tonight at 11pm UK time:

This picture I saw online sums up how I'm feeling:
6gf1qej2w3a71.jpg

Okay, fifteen minutes - let's see what old crap they slop up for us this time :disco:

Actually too much:

The choir at the end just singing the names of all the eikons :disco::disco::disco:

I love EVERYTHING about it apart from the gameplay. I need party members and RPG mechanics.

I’ve been burned too many times with modern FF. It looks nice but so did 15 and the 7 remake and both were lacking (15 was unplayable, 7 just boring).

More important we got the title of the new Dragon Age today (game to come out in probably 5 years).

RE4 remake trailer:

I think this looks great, but I do hope they haven't completely got rid of the GOOFIER elements of the original. It would be very easy to go too gritty and realistic and there's a lot of B-movie camp that could easily be lost.

Just imagining the Regenerators in these graphics :shock: Might have to DIAP UP for that

Speaking of horror I really liked the look of this, though obviously quite pants-shitting too:

Developed by some of the key staff from the Dead Space games, I believe.

I tried to replay RE4 recently and boy has it not aged well, but then it was never my favourite to begin with.

As well as the Nintendo Direct, we're also getting a State of Play tonight:

A bit late for us, but it's only twenty minutes long so I'll probably watch it live.

Anyone watching live? I'm not expecting much, but I'm watching because I was at work during the Nintendo Direct earlier and I like seeing this sort of thing live if I can :tongueout:

God of War looked great, but more of the same. I bounced off the last one pretty quickly as it just didn't feel fun to play (I think I just dislike games where all the combat is done with the shoulder buttons) so I doubt I'll give this one a try.

I’m hoping I’ve retained my muscle memory for God of War as I got quite good at it! Don’t know if I’ve said but I defeated all the Valkyries… 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom