Nu Funk & Nu Disco

Funky

User
Starting a new thread because I can never find the other one

Was mining spotify for some nu funk and disco while I was starved for new music over Christmas. Some for you @Jark , I know you'll like these...

This is my favourite so far of the new finds. George Benson meets Kool & The Gang

This is actually a funky upgrade from an old album track that was more poppy.

Another artist going for the early 80s MJ vibe. It works. The whole album is actually very good.

This is a bit Sinead Harnett

Along the lines of Silk Sonic but with a female vocal

So many production throwbacks in this one

Some good tunes recently...

Dave Lee (Joey Negro) with legendary Omar on vocals...

Had my eye on Cory Wong and here's a collab with Chromeo (who need to hurry up with a new album)

Le Flex with another album which is essentially a collection of 12" versions of his previous choice cuts, with 2 new tracks, including this gem

@Jark @ManicKangaroo @FetchFugly

that Cory Wong track is not bad, but I much prefer the previous single Crisis with Big Wild!

There’s so much good funk out at the moment. It’s definitely my genre of choice these days

This is probably his best since the last album. Speaking of which I hope one is incoming.

Literally obsessed with the Ekkah comeback. Thought they were done. Every one is such a groove. This no different. Hope we're getting an album, finally.

Sounds fun, very space disco or whatever that sub genre was called in the late 70s when every disco song was named after a planet or a star

There are some surprisingly lovely 80s soundtrack vibes on this new album from Bibio. Best tracks are SOL, Rain And Shine and Fools

Don’t know who Carlos is but he’s making me pine for summer!

Le Flex really needs to lay off the covers and do some new music but I love this one :D

There are some surprisingly lovely 80s soundtrack vibes on this new album from Bibio. Best tracks are SOL, Rain And Shine and Fools

I'll have to check out this album properly. Came across the Braxe rework of S.O.L. and I think it does smooth things right on out:

Le Flex has indeed released another covers EP and it includes this completely unnecessary but quite gorgeous Brownstone cover

Chromeo has released a new collab album I think it's a crossover disco / hip-hop album. I haven't listened yet but I do like the promo singles that Spotify pushed to me.

Chromeo has released a new collab album I think it's a crossover disco / hip-hop album. I haven't listened yet but I do like the promo singles that Spotify pushed to me.

I can’t listen right now but crossover disco/hip-hop sounds great

I think this is a greatest hits album but there's quite a few tracks from this year, and the recent ones are all great

@Jark

No chatter about this album finally dropping too... it's definitely a weaker album than the last two, but there are some gems peppered about.

Rooftop, Sunshine, Keep It Secret and Brain Food are my choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom