Open University - anyone done it?

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him
So I've signed up to do a degree at the Open University in French and Spanish. This is mostly for pleasure and because I seem to have a need to be constantly stimulated :ken: mentally. I thought about doing other subjects that might actually improve my job prospects like IT, or maybe something completely different like Biology or Mathematics but when it came down to it, I went for languages because that's what turns me on. :horny

I've already done a couple of stand alone modules in Spanish and Italian a number of years ago, and enjoyed them, and this year I'm doing three modules in French, Linguistics and Italian - I already have the level I need for the 2nd level Spanish module, so I picked the 2nd level Italian one which is being run for the last time.

I'm already a fair bit through the French module which goes right from the beginning, but I hadn't studied French for 20 odd years, so it's a nice revision, and the module materials are really comprehensive.

So far I am enjoying it, but it is quite time consuming, but then in this COVID times, and with winter coming there's not much else on the horizon.

I think the OU has a bit of a mixed reputation, but I actually think it's really good, so far!

How does it work in regards to tutor support? Is it all just badly made videos from 5 years a go?

For me I’m shite at virtual learning. Distracted by all sorts. I like physically being in an environment where you can engage, learn and listen from others.

I will probably do it down the line to stroke my ego, seeing as I quit my Master's. if you're serious about it I reckon OU gets you the best results

I looked at OU, when considering my options on my return to education. To me it seemed expensive for what it was. For me, nothing beat the real experience, which I got way more out of. That said it totally serves a purpose and I know people who have done it.

What are you looking at doing @Suedey ?

I know quite a few Unis do online courses these days. So you're not limited to OU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom