Paolo Nutini - Last Night In The Bittersweet (New Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
So he emerged from the haze this week with two new songs:

Through The Echoes is very nice.

The album is due on 1st July and is apparently 70 minutes long.

Paolo is LOVELY! I am always happy to hear new material from this gent.

Loving Through The Echoes already. Here for this.

Maybe time to post one of the best songs of the last decade

Six minutes is probably a tad excessive but to be fair it doesn't feel that long.

He sounds quite different, I like it.

Album is obviously too long but there are some very good songs here, not least Acid Eyes. It is a bit all over the place in terms of sound but still feels like a conscious move away from the blue-eyed soul thing.

I found this to be an absolute hour long of nothing. The only one I liked was when he brought out his old Paolo Nutini voice, but I couldn't tell you the name of it now

Interesting that the first promo single "Through The Echoes" is now suddenly doing very well.. not only on downloads as you'd expect for a veteran artist, but also streaming. He'll go Top 30, maybe 20 on the singles chart this week. Is guitar pop making a bit of a comeback? I see George Ezra (who I'm not a fan of) is now having a massive hit with his new single too.

Interesting that the first promo single "Through The Echoes" is now suddenly doing very well.. not only on downloads as you'd expect for a veteran artist, but also streaming. He'll go Top 30, maybe 20 on the singles chart this week. Is guitar pop making a bit of a comeback? I see George Ezra (who I'm not a fan of) is now having a massive hit with his new single too.
I was puzzled to see him that high in the midweeks - he may be #23 on iTunes, but he's only #174 on Spotify, and not in the Top 100 on Apple Music. Either some data is missing or that chart position isn't going to hold.

Clearly the label want to push Through The Echoes though, as it's discounted on iTunes.

Just noticed Through The Echoes is A list on Radio 2. I much prefer Acid Eyes, personally.

I was puzzled to see him that high in the midweeks - he may be #23 on iTunes, but he's only #174 on Spotify, and not in the Top 100 on Apple Music. Either some data is missing or that chart position isn't going to hold.

Clearly the label want to push Through The Echoes though, as it's discounted on iTunes.

oh aren't the first midweeks sometimes weighted on downloads because of delays in streaming numbers? He might sink then.

The Sunday midweeks are pretty useless if that's going to be a regular thing.

oh aren't the first midweeks sometimes weighted on downloads because of delays in streaming numbers? He might sink then.

The Sunday midweeks are pretty useless if that's going to be a regular thing.
I've given up trying to understand. As soon as I think I've got a grasp of it, something else proves I'm clueless.

I believe he’s only benefiting from being on the same festival billings as Lewis Capaldi. His fans are now primarily Capaldi fans, but feel they may as well still see him since they are both on site (so long as his set does not clash with Capaldi’s). I’m reasonably sure it’s a conscious strategy foreseen by Nutini’s management and is probably the best route they could have taken under the circumstances.

I don't understand this post at all. Lewis Capaldi and Paolo Nutini are NOTHING alike.

Lewis Capaldi is part of the Ed Sheeran / James Arthur / Dermot Kennedy / James Newman crowd. Paolo Nutini is closer to Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller, if anything.

I don't need to go to Scotland, I can just put on any one of his albums. Lulu is also Scottish, does she compare as well?

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
I just read on nme.com that apparently he wanted Acid Eyes to be a duet with Danielle Haim, but was too anxious to ask her. If only.

“I wrote [Acid Eyes] in my living room. I wanted to try and write a song that maybe Danielle from the Haim girls would sing with me. There’s the two vocals, the high and the low, which I figured was a duet. Everybody said why don’t I ask them to do it but I thought, ‘What if they say no?’ So I didn’t.”

So Acid Eyes is absolutely glorious. But I can’t NOT hear the backing vocals now without wishing it was Danielle Haim !

Get it sorted for the deluxe edition, hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom