Perfume - New album "Plasma" OUT NOW

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
SOUND THE ALARM
The first Perfume album since 2018 (!) is due to drop next month, along with an Autumn tour (for which I'll hear the result of the ticket lottery tomorrow)

FRE.jpg

As Japanese acts often do, they just posted a SNIPPET MEDLEY

It will include stunning singles "Time Warp", "Polygon Wave" and "Saisei (Rebirth)", and also "Flow" but I sort of missed that one.

Well I am excited still, a month on. It's out on the 27th - anyone up for another doomed Diddy sync listen that weekend?

Well this has been out for a week or so, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's a little mellower and more city-pop than other albums, but that was the direction they were going with Future Pop.

I did miss the traditional instrumental HARD-EDGED banger, but the bit in the middle of the opening track just slayed me.

I know you aren't interested in anything I recommend, but if you don't feel anything after the opening interlude and the tracks 2-4 then you might as well switch it off because we are living in different dimensions.

REMIND ME TO LISTEN WHEN I'M NOT ENTERTAINING HINGED FRIENDS AT LUNCH BY ACTUALLY HAVING SOMETHING OTHER THAN KIDS TO TALK ABOUT

You also realise that I'll probably only comment on the songs with English titles as I can't be arsed going to find the katakana(?) for the other ones to paste in :tongueout:

OK I'll do it all for you

1. Plasma
2. Time Warp
3. Polygon Wave
4. Saisei
5. Spinning World
6. Mawaru Kagami
7. Flow
8. Infinite Loop
9. Drive'n the Rain
10. Hatenabito
11. Android&
12. Sayonara Plastic World

• Care
Reactions: COB
Oh that is a bit of a bop! I can't remember which song is which in the second half :shy:

The good news about this album is, if you like it, there are a LOT of things in various similar veins in the back cat!

Did you get past the intro @GNL ?

Yes! I really enjoyed the album. I couldn't speak to individual songs because I had it on in the background while playing video games, but you've inspired me to give it another spin and add some highlights to my 2022 playlist.

I think I need to do another Perfume Sync Listen
Also someone else but carnt say here yet

I'd say Time Warp might be my favourite song of 2021 - each instrumental breakdown in the chorus is different and I love it

The intro is still doing things to me though

• Love
Reactions: GNL
I didn’t spill my guts about the tour yet, I ended up going THRICE! It just made this even more of an ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Btw a lyric video - no wait come back it’s good - for Hatenabito just dropped, love the polygons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom