Period Poverty

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?

Add Liz Kershaw to my January cuntlist.

Yes Liz, and in your mother's day corporal punishment was a thing and I dare say loads of girls were regularly touched up by male teachers. Times change. But no, let girls today chop up bits of rag and boil wash them just like your granny did.

I tend to give Liz Kershaw a bye because it was blatantly her testimony that got Dave Lee Travis convicted. But she can shut up about this.

Even good people do cunty things. And worse, Alison Moyet liked that tweet.

Mind you, she's been problematic herself before anyway.

Twitter fucking ruins me sometimes.

Liz Kirshaw’s Twitter has been an absolute binfire for the past few years - she’s obviously been gagged by the BBC from talking about her awful political opinions so she’s bravely taking on social issues now instead :manson:

It's easy to say for Liz when she hasn't bled for a good decade. I note she says she never had to slum it with an old sock.

Now she’s of the age where she probably doesn’t get periods, like a lot of that generation it seems they like to lecture others for something which isn’t applicable to them. A bit like some boomers pretending that they went to war.

Even good people do cunty things. And worse, Alison Moyet liked that tweet.

Mind you, she's been problematic herself before anyway.

Yeah, I actually got into a disagreement with Moyet on Twitter on the day of London Pride 2018 as she was defending the TERFS that held up the march :manson:

I’ve always imagined Liz Kershaw would have bad opinions ever since I got irritated on a weekly basis by her 6Music show - i’d always forget to change the station after Adam and Joe’s morning stint. I wonder where Liz thinks homeless women should wash their bloody old rags...

Oh for the days when we didn’t know what famous people thought about every single fucking thing and there was an EDIT function in place. Pop legends Johnny Hates Jazz could have been neo-Nazi kiddie fanciers who spat in the very eye of period poverty and we’d have been none the wiser when spinning their lovely records. Sometimes ignorance is BETTER

In any case I’ve never liked Liz Kershaw who is, clearly, a total twat :)

Also, I’m as (frequently) guilty of this as anyone (especially post-referendum) and Twitter (et al) obviously wouldn’t exist without it, but taking the moral high ground with someone and totally discounting them as trash just because you don’t agree with ONE OPINION is utterly fucking ridiculous

Also, I’m as (frequently) guilty of this as anyone and Twitter (et al) obviously wouldn’t exist without it, but taking the moral high ground with someone and totally discounting them as trash just because you don’t agree with ONE OPINION is fucking ridiculous

I’m generally against cancel culture, but honestly it depends on the context. I lost a bit of respect I had for Alison Moyet after said convo but I haven’t disowned her and auctioned off all my Yazoo singles because she didn’t go full-on gung-ho transphobe.

It also depends on how much you care about the matter at hand. I might agree with someone on everything but their stance on gay marriage, but obviously that’s an important thing to disagree about if you’re a big old gay.

Reactions: Zu
Oh I totally agree with the point about the matter at hand. I think I’ve historically never been quite sure how much awfulness (of opinion or behaviour) is acceptable in a person and I’m too willing to write people off entirely, which can make for a not very nice life. So post # 11 may well have been Zu talking to Zu...

Anyway, bravo for not binning the Yazoos. I mean dear God there are limits :disco:

Also, I’m as (frequently) guilty of this as anyone (especially post-referendum) and Twitter (et al) obviously wouldn’t exist without it, but taking the moral high ground with someone and totally discounting them as trash just because you don’t agree with ONE OPINION is utterly fucking ridiculous

To be fair, scrolling through her twitter, it's not just ONE OPINION. She's a raging cunt.

Do we want the title changed to "Liz Kershaw Is Horrible" or do we see this getting back on topic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom