Philip Schofield - “I’m a queen!”

Well that won’t stop those diva behaviour rumours, will it? :side-eye:

I do hope it wasn’t pressure from some tabloid SCUM.

This is rather unexpected. I am very happy for him gaining the courage to come out, but can’t help feeling sorry for his wife.

This is rather unexpected. I am very happy for him gaining the courage to come out, but can’t help feeling sorry for his wife.
'The wife always knows'.

I presume Holly definitely KNEW.

I always wonder about those who come out later in life. I guess that's based entirely on my own experience - I always knew. I couldn't even imagine struggling like that for so many years.

I always wonder about those who come out later in life. I guess that's based entirely on my own experience - I always knew. I couldn't even imagine struggling like that for so many years.

I have a friend who's Dad came out in his 40s, while we were 16. It was wild.

'The wife always knows'.

I presume Holly definitely KNEW.

Am I right in thinking that he has probably been hiding it since puberty? You don’t just turn gay in later life, do you?

Am I right in thinking that he has probably been hiding it since puberty? You don’t just turn gay in later life, do you?
He's been famous since the mid 1980s. I imagine he made his choices (you may recall a Blue Peter presenter was sacked for being actively gay in the 1980s) and just stuck with them all this time.

He's been famous since the mid 1980s. I imagine he made his choices (you may recall a Blue Peter presenter was sacked for being actively gay in the 1980s) and just stuck with them all this time.

It’s just when he is married with two children, and if his wife knew aswell, he surely didn’t come out to her until much later on.

It’s just when he is married with two children, and if his wife knew aswell, he surely didn’t come out to her until much later on.

I don’t know the background story, but my guess is that it’s not about knowing that you’re gay or not, it’s about accepting it and not denying that part of yourself; a process that can take years for some, especially older generations.

The closet is a shite place to be, especially when you feel that it's genuinely dangerous to be anywhere else.

Not giving him a by for *that* Boris interview but he has also given some people a chance to speak for themselves on that show who struggled to find that opportunity elsewhere (i.e. he was one of the first people to give Katie Hopkins a hard time).

I always assumed he was gay and was mildly surprised whenever it was that I learned he had a wife and kids.

I got told he was gay by a guy who ran a magazine I volunteered at when I was 17. I got told Phillip had a thing for cruising with a hoodie on. Anyway, I am looking to Ruth for guidance on how to act in these sensitive times.

I knew on a subconscious level for years but not really on a conscious level until my mid-twenties. You only know your own experiences, really. Having experienced some attraction to guys, I wasn’t aware that it was supposed to feel more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom