Poor forgotten Saturday

octophone

Prole Art Threat
Hello.

Made it out the house last night and enjoyed a few light ales. Woke up at about 2am with cramp in both legs. Ouch.

• Care
Reactions: COB
OK, the salt I understand but...the potato? Will this summon fairies who will ensure there's a hot portion of chips waiting for me when I awake?
:D apparently it draws toxins out of your body. I have actually tried it when I went through a phase of getting a lot of cramp.

How close to your body does the potato have to be? I'd hate to be in a king sized bed but using a potato meant for a double :(
Go buy yourself a nice sized potato that you would use for a jacket potato. And just place it down by your feet under the covers. Tuck the end of the covers in so little potato doesn't fall out.

Does it have to be while you're in bed? Could you pop a couple of salad potatoes down the side of a favourite armchair?

970856.jpg

Did someone say SEXY POTATO?

I donā€™t want to stink up the Stranger Things thread with my evil but UGH WHY ARE THESE EPISODES SO LONG?

And why do I hate all the characters now (except Max and video shop girl), and REALLY hate the new characters

I donā€™t want to stink up the Stranger Things thread with my evil but UGH WHY ARE THESE EPISODES SO LONG?

And why do I hate all the characters now (except Max and video shop girl), and REALLY hate the new characters
Why are you watching it?

Why are you watching it?

A combination of it being a big series and I did get suckered into watching the first 3, and people said this was better than the 3rd (the eye rolling for which Iā€™ve only just recovered from), anal completeness, and the promise of crucial Kate Bush use.

Iā€™m feeling like itā€™s more like a millennials drama with 80s references as subtle as Peter Kay.

I want to like it but theyā€™re really making it difficult

A combination of it being a big series and I did get suckered into watching the first 3, and people said this was better than the 3rd (the eye rolling for which Iā€™ve only just recovered from), anal completeness, and the promise of crucial Kate Bush use.

Iā€™m feeling like itā€™s more like a millennials drama with 80s references as subtle as Peter Kay.

I want to like it but theyā€™re really making it difficult
Stop watching it then.

Also, never employ people that don't really need to work. They're very inflexible and unhelpful.
Totally. No attitude is harder to deal with in a workplace than "I don't HAVE to do this". They think they're doing you a favour rather than a job.

I wish I'd never employed a friend when we opened the shop. She's proving to be incredibly difficult.

Also, never employ people that don't really need to work. They're very inflexible and unhelpful.
And on that note, have you made a decision about staff training at the vet yet?

And on that note, have you made a decision about staff training at the vet yet?
I need to go in for a proper chat but covid has delayed it. I'm going to see what they offer.

Totally. No attitude is harder to deal with in a workplace than "I don't HAVE to do this". They think they're doing you a favour rather than a job.
Yes this!!!

She even commented once along the lines of "you wouldn't be able to have holidays if I wasn't here to cover".

Yes love, we would. We can close OUR SHOP for a few days.

She's also contracted to 22.5 hours a week. Contract says over 7 days. In peak season we're open long days so we can fit those hours into 3 days.

In the winter we do short days so she would end up doing 18 hours in 3 days. So I said she would need to do 3.5 days. Which she pretty much refused and made us rota her for 3 long days meaning she was at the shop when we weren't even open with nothing to do. And we stupidly did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom