Pop Music Activism

Sadeness Part 1 has been removed from streaming :evil: Every single version of it, from every album, and all singles versions removed.

Must be a copyright issue but UGH. I've had an Enigma renaissance recently and now that's missing? The downside of streaming - the constant reminder you don't own any music.

Sadeness Part 1 has been removed from streaming :evil: Every single version of it, from every album, and all singles versions removed.

Must be a copyright issue but UGH. I've had an Enigma renaissance recently and now that's missing? The downside of streaming - the constant reminder you don't own any music.

Sometimes it’s just because something lapses and it’s not intentional. I guess that would be better as there’s no intention to keep it offline but still

ooh fab, was gonna post in here about it... well will anyway as the quote post hides a lot of it!

The first hour (9-10pm) is the Bargain Bin hour of flop pop from 1998... if you're wondering what that comprises, see the last image. Basically if you've been waiting all your life to dance to Tracy Shaw's music in a club, this is your one chance!

a4db2773-ce93-47f2-a6b9-ec92b3f44f60.jpg

8409ba38-1eb4-47d1-a412-a3c15b52406d.jpg

9c9bc5be-3910-4675-9fd4-a5c4b24007e1.jpg

I am going to the pre-drinks and then disappearing to a house party while THE LADS go to the club.

I WISH TO REQUEST @Lucille‘s PRESENCE (and @Zu 2 if the cunt was here at the moment :()

Im going to be just up the road in Kings Cross this Saturday!

Probably not listening to flop songs from 1998 though.

"Oh yeah sorry gang, I have to leave you all now and go join a bunch of internet gays (and a goth lesbain) I barely know IRL. TATA FOR NOW"

(tempted)

Although infamous moopy legend Jonhawk will be with me, so it would be kind of a full circle moopmeet moment.

No wayz :o how is jonhawk? Are you boffing him?

:D no, we've been friends for years. He somehow infiltrated my inner circle. I can't quite remember how but it was probably something along the lines of my friends preferring him to me

I'm surprised you didn't know, he'll be all over my facebook. We've been on holiday together and everyfink.

he's been happily (gay) married for many years now. His bf is lovely.

Oh that might work, dinner isn't until 8.30. Stoke Newington is a fucking ballache to get to though, where are you meeting?

Are you involved in running this night @aquaplex? :disco:
Yep it’s my night! Have been busily prepping and doing some medleys of lesser songs like Malandra “Kathy off of emmerdale” burrows song that was later covered by/ given to Tina Turner. If you’re lucky there will be a chorus of that early on

Thank you @aquaplex - this was an incredible night! I liked how you edited the playlist so that only the most exciting parts of some songs were played, it mixed it up! Also appreciated the 1-2 punch of Imaani-Where Are You? followed by Dana International - Diva. I was quite concerned Chiara - The One That I Love was coming next.

But above all, serving toast to everyone during Des’ree - Life was just genius! I should have eaten mine as it might have stopped me from having to run out of the taxi and spew later. Not even the echoing chorus of Lutricia McNeal in my head could have saved me.

Agreed, what a night! So many amazing songs. I would say I went feral during Ray of Light. I pretty much recreated the video where she's all sweaty on the dancefloor.

I have no idea what you look like @aquaplex so I don't know if I saw you but did you spot the Moopy group? We were mostly at the corner at the back ignoring everyone else

Thank you @aquaplex - this was an incredible night! I liked how you edited the playlist so that only the most exciting parts of some songs were played, it mixed it up! Also appreciated the 1-2 punch of Imaani-Where Are You? followed by Dana International - Diva. I was quite concerned Chiara - The One That I Love was coming next.

But above all, serving toast to everyone during Des’ree - Life was just genius! I should have eaten mine as it might have stopped me from having to run out of the taxi and spew later. Not even the echoing chorus of Lutricia McNeal in my head could have saved me.
Thanks! Yes there are some songs where it’s probably not feasible to play the whole song without killing the vibe, so a few pre made medleys of choruses are there (not least to be able to play a load more within six hours).

Apologies that the music was cut during Dana International. There was a wasted person (who twice asked for Adele) that the club manager was trying to get to leave and she asked me to pause the music.

Someone didn’t eat their toast but made a big hole in it so maybe it was you. If I had an extra hour Lutricia’s Greatest Love You’ll Never Know would have echoed around.

I didn’t get to venture far from the DJ booth and the dancefloor was a bit too crowded to venture to the corners so didn’t see anyone there. I didn’t hand out the toast, I got a few people to do that.

But glad you all enjoyed it! There were only four songs I REALLY wanted to play but just didn’t have time.
Lucid - I Can’t Help Myself
Garbage - Push It
Echobeatz - Mas Que Nada
Natalie Imbruglia - Wishing I was There

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom