Pop Toilet Flop Album Listen #1: Lisa Scott-Lee - Never Or Now (TONIGHT @ 9pm)

Did it deserve to flop?

• Total voters
Lisa definitley had a SOUND back then, and she should have stuck to that. I somehow think she didn't have much say in those rocky tracks. It's like when Kylie did R&B with All I See, it just didn't WORK.

Music Is My Lover would've made a great addition to the album. Was that spunked as a b-side?

and That's That - she really was willing to record absolutely anything with a pulse!

Music Is My Lover would've made a great addition to the album. Was that spunked as a b-side?

and That's That - she really was willing to record absolutely anything with a pulse!

Music Is My Lover was meant to be on the album but they thought it was too similar to Lately. It was given to a boy/girl group Iwho also recorded a cover of Cliff Richard's I Just Don't Have The Heart (:D) but I cannot for the life of me remember their name.

Spotify just started playing a Lisa Scott-Lee version of 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do'.

The VOX :disco:

Reactions: VoR
Sorry to have missed this

Back In Time is easily the best track from the LSL solo sessions, for me.

I do note with some satisfaction that Electric has more Spotify streams than any of H&Claire's efforts. ENDURING HIT

Reactions: dUb
The moment at the Lisa x @monsta night of dreams where all the lights went out and we had a couple of seconds of pitch black GAY MANIA as Electric started playing (heralding the start of our queen's DJ set) was truly one for the history books :disco:

I'm going to give this a relisten today as I missed the party. From memory, "Lately" is earth shattering and has always been my go to Lisa fave, but let's see how kind time has been.

Reactions: dUb
Can’t believe @monsta was a no show for this

explain yourself hun

Hun Faye sorted me out with signing the national anthem at the football/ rugby (?) because Noel from Hear’Say pulled out.

Sorry huns. I didn’t want to outdo Kala with my LSL stories anyway xxx

I presume it's not well regarded enough even for this project, but what are people's thoughts on the H&Claire album? I didn't even pick it up at the time, such was my disdain for the whole sorry enterprise.

Listening to the three singles now. DJ is a total 6/10, Half a Heart is complete shit and All Out of Love is very good and (not coincidentally) a total Steps track in all but name.

Was there anything else of value on the album?

What an amazing start to the album. The opening quartet is impeccable (well, Electric not quite so much) and the next few are lovely too. Too Far Gone has usurped Lately as my favourite.

But then... THEN... what a rotten ending. It's a classic 00s utter killer/utter filler combo. Those last songs should have been binned at the demo stage (which is basically what they sound like here).

Still, I'm here for the singles :disco:

God he looks so much like her I really thought it was her at first :D

Electric is a stone cold banger

B list at Capital remains a true moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom