Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romania

• Slovenia

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
After a glut of first-time winners in the early 00s, only one country secured their first ever victory between 2012 and 2022 (Portugal).

From the class of 2022, 18/40 countries are still waiting for their first win. Who's going to break the duck first?

A few years ago I would have said Bulgaria, but they've really gone off the boil lately.

Lithuania and Iceland both seem to be in a good place in terms of the level of talent their national finals can attract.

I am also quite amused that Moldova have come reasonably close on two occasions in the past 5 years. :D

I’d love to see Moldova do it, they’re reliable to get a strong televote and if they had a song that the jurys would go for too, they could be a dark horse.

I feel like the moment for Bulgaria and Cyprus has passed. Bulgaria changing their delegation (and the absolute pile of shit that was their entry this year) and Cyprus reportedly ditching their current method for that show MICHAEL RICE was on isn’t really giving me hope for either of them next year.

I feel like Australia might stumble onto a winner in the next few years, Malta have the money and I’d imagine Destiny would be given another shot soon.

Malta need to stop relying on faceless songwriting camp materials if they're going to get anywhere. This year was such an utter waste of a decent performer.

I agree on Cyprus sadly, I'd love to see it but this reality casting show idea sounds less than promising.

I’ve gone for Poland. The mystifying success of Colour Of Boiled Shite shows they’ve got the public’s backing and this year at least felt like a statement of intent.

Most likely, Iceland but not for a few years. Poland could easily steal the spotlight one year and it'd be silly to rule out Australia ever winning it. Lithuania possibly but they already seem to have trouble outpeaking LT United even with regular qualifications.

So many of the rest it's so hard to imagine a situation arising where they ever have the wide appeal to win (especially the likes of poor Albania who have such an inflexible approach to selection).

Iceland or Poland. What seems to work with the televote for Moldova has a tendency to get crushed by the juries.

If I were a betting man - Iceland. When they're good they're very very good.

Poland just haven't stumbled across magic yet, I hope they do win soon though. My family over there send annual messages of disappointment.

Moldova are just too fun for Europe. That said they just need to crossover once. Least we not forget the juries gave Senhit the bulk of her points.

Australia, Romania and Bulgaria all need to get back to formula. Enough with the plodding Spotify fodder.

I struggle to see Moldova stumbling upon something that has both jury and televote appeal really.

I've gone for Poland, they have a winning formula at Junior and this year was a step in the right direction for them. Viki Gabor in a few years will be the Junior + main contest winner that Destiny failed to be.

Reactions: D5K
I feel like Iceland is just a matter of time....and of course anyone CAN win....but I also feel like it IS one of those nations that people seem to have natural goodwill towards.

I’m surprised Iceland are running away with it. Yes we’ve had Dadi and Hatari recently but they had quite a dull run before that give or take one or two songs.

I’m surprised Iceland are running away with it. Yes we’ve had Dadi and Hatari recently but they had quite a dull run before that give or take one or two songs.
They’ve have comfortably done it had 2020 gone ahead though..

I’ve gone for Poland. The mystifying success of Colour Of Boiled Shite shows they’ve got the public’s backing and this year at least felt like a statement of intent.
The more finals Poland appear in, the more I feel like the massive televote for Color of Your Life can really probably only be taken as a sign of it actually connecting for most of Europe as opposed to a sign they can contend for the win whenever they like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom