Predict the order of the remaining Taylor's Versions

Iguana

If I only could...
So we have left to go:
  • Taylor Swift (originally released 2006)
  • Speak Now (originally released 2010)
  • 1989 (originally released 2014)
  • Reputation (originally released 2017)
In which order do you think she'll release the Taylor's Version of each, and when?

Speak Now - the older one that people care about
1989 - the hits
Reputation - idk it has more worldwide appeal
Taylor Swift - the least essential

I want Speak Now just to see how she handles slut shaming anthem Better Than Revenge.

And I want Taylor Swift to see the difference from those early dodgy vocals.

Ya should've said neeeeooow

Speak Now - the older one that people care about
1989 - the hits
Reputation - idk it has more worldwide appeal
Taylor Swift - the least essential
exactly this. two next year, two in '23 presumably with some original material in between.

Reactions: RJN
My thinking is:

April 2022 - Taylor Swift - get it out the way when it's not a big sales time, but when there's lots of goodwill going off the back of Red

November 2022 - 1989 - this will be a big seller so milk that Christmas market TayTay

May 2023 - Speak Now - actually a pretty good album and again going off the goodwill from 1989 it could still do quite well and reintroduce people to country Taylor again

November 2023 - Reputation - I think she's really going to try to make this album happen again in a big way, and close the chapter on the project.

Fuck knows when she'll release new albums in between this but I'm sure she'll find a way!

I'm here for her making reputation a (MISS) THANG. I demand the full lead single treatment for GETAWAY CAR. although no amount of new vox will polish some of the turds on that album so let's hope she gets creative.

Was Getaway Car ever a single originally? I wasn't really into this era at the time so lost track (I have since got into it bigly)

She surely won’t leave the worst (Taylor Swift) until last?
I think she might because it has the most room for reinvention

@Iguana’s logic of getting it out of the way off the goodwill of Red is pretty convincing

I think she should toss out Taylor Swift and Speak Now at the same time for lack of anticipation (relatively speaking) in April/May. She would probably never do that to avoid a dreaded #2 album if released the same week. Then 1989 and Reputation with all the coveted vault tracks in September and December.

February 2022 - 1979
May 2022 - Taylor Swift
June 2022 - New Album/Era
December 2022 - Speak Now
April 2023 - Reputation

All of the albums except the debut are represented on the Billboard 200:

#3. Red (TV)
#37. evermore
#48. folklore
#56. Fearless (TV)
#67. Lover
#164. 1989
#189. reputation
#196. Speak Now

Surprised lover is still kind of slaying. Given that the point of the TV project is to cannibalize the most profit as possible from SB, I wouldn’t be surprised if she unleashes 1989 next. Makes sense so it doesn’t get another year or two of streams/sales it wouldn’t get otherwise. That’s why she pushed out “Wildest Dreams” (TV) when it was getting a viral moment on TikTok

Maybe Lover is still doing so well because people are starting to realize it’s one of her best albums

Maybe Lover is still doing so well because people are starting to realize it’s one of her best albums
but how could they realise such a thing that isn't true?

Lover has no more than 8 good songs!

01. Cruel Summer
02. The Man
03. The Archer
04. Cornelia Street
05. London Boy
06. Soon You'll Get Better
07. You Need to Calm Down
08. Afterglow

it's true it's true, it is her best EP. :eyes:

but how could they realise such a thing that isn't true?

Lover has no more than 8 good songs!
I would rank it one notch below Reputation… maybe on par with Speak Now but it doesn’t have an Enchanted on it does it. It’s decent enough but is definitely bloated. It should be a 12 track affair. It’s hard to go back to after we got Folklore and Evermore which have so much more warmth and depth to them as albums. Lover sounds juvenile and cheap in comparison even though it has plenty of moments (Cruel Summer, the title track, False God, The Archer, The Man). Cruel Summer towers over everything else on it and it’s track #2!

1. Cruel Summer
2. Lover
3. The Archer
4. I Think He Knows
5. Miss Americana...
6. Paper Rings
7. Cornelia Street
8. Death By A Thousand CUts
9. London Boy
10. Soon You'll Get Better
11. False God
12. You Need to Calm Down
13. It's Nice To Have a Friend
14. Afterglow

14 very good songs! In fact, the only ones I don't like at all are I Forgot That You Existed and ME

Lover sounds juvenile and cheap in comparison
I think that the majority of the songs on it aren't juvenile, just a few of them (ME, Paper Rings, London Boy) and I still like two of those

Said what I said etc.

1. I Forgot That You Existed
2. Cruel Summer
3. Lover
4. The Man
5. The Archer
6. I Think He Knows
7. Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince
8. Paper Rings
9. Cornelia Street
10. Death By a Thousand Cuts
11. London Boy
12. Soon You’ll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks)
13. False God
14. You Need to Calm Down
15. Afterglow
16. ME! (feat. Brendon Urie)
17. It’s Nice to Have a Friend
18. Daylight

• Love
Reactions: RJN
So ONLY I like Death By A Thousand Cuts? I know its juvenile but its charming :D:shy:

I love everything on Lover bar the final two, which I can't remember as I probably don't ever get that far...

So ONLY I like Death By A Thousand Cuts? I know its juvenile but its charming :D:shy:
it would probably scrape my top 10. but that's the issue with a bunch of Lover. a lot of is not actively bad (like, say, I Did Something Bad off reputation)... it's just overly lightweight and/or juvenile, as @POP! said.

I can see the case for it being a necessary transition album from her or a course-correct after reputation, but the songs overall are not particularly strong.

reputation has more turds, but is also a better album overall because the highs at least are tremendous.

Said what I said etc.

1. I Forgot That You Existed
2. Cruel Summer
3. Lover
4. The Man
5. The Archer
6. I Think He Knows
7. Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince
8. Paper Rings
9. Cornelia Street
10. Death By a Thousand Cuts
11. London Boy
12. Soon You’ll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks)
13. False God
14. You Need to Calm Down
15. Afterglow
16. ME! (feat. Brendon Urie)
17. It’s Nice to Have a Friend
18. Daylight
How can you stan Folklore but disregard It's Nice To Have A Friend?

Reactions: GNL
also, how can anyone even begin to bear the traumas of I Forgot You Existed? :D

fun fact - Cruel Summer is the best opening track on a Tay-Tay alboom since 1989! :disco:

You could make an EP of some of Taylor's best work from Lover, but it's not a good album.

Still, The Archer obliterates ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHIES. Ooh, who knew you could do an up-tempo self-reflection.

fun fact - Cruel Summer is the best opening track on a Tay-Tay alboom since 1989! :disco:
We may have disagreed on this album 10 minutes ago but this is 100% fact

It's Nice To Have A Friend is one of the best songs on it!

It's just such a weird opening track! I mean it's B-side material let alone opening track! I enjoy it in a weird way but still. Taylor Honestly!!

It's just such a weird opening track! I mean it's B-side material let alone opening track! I enjoy it in a weird way but still. Taylor Honestly!!

I always regarded it as a throwaway "Interlude/Overture" kind of affair as opposed to a proper album opener...

I actually find "I Forgot You Existed" kind of charming. Obviously not a highlight by any stretch but it sets an ironic cute tone after she took herself too seriously with reputation. I don't mind starting with it at all, but it would definitely be a skip worthy track if it was placed anywhere else.

I actually find "I Forgot You Existed" kind of charming. Obviously not a highlight by any stretch but it sets an ironic cute tone after she took herself too seriously with reputation. I don't mind starting with it at all, but it would definitely be a skip worthy track if it was placed anywhere else.

It feels like a bridge to the last era as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom