Predict the order of the remaining Taylor's Versions

I also wonder if, by Lover, they knew the plan to properly re-record/ re-issue the Taylors Versions with full releases. I still can't fathom any reason Cruel Summer wasn't a single, but "saving" it for that makes a LOT of sense.

I also wonder if, by Lover, they knew the plan to properly re-record/ re-issue the Taylors Versions with full releases. I still can't fathom any reason Cruel Summer wasn't a single, but "saving" it for that makes a LOT of sense.
It was definitely in the cards by Lover, if not already in the works. She reveals as much in this interview:

It does feel strange "The Man" was released and flopped in 2020 - a few months before folklore emerged. It was kind of fitting it came out right before the shut down and marked the end of a chapter for her. It wasn't a bad single choice, but overlooking "Cruel Summer" was criminal. I'm sure the A&R people thought it would only work in the summer... which is bizarrely when they released the ballad title track that didn't make any sense at all... maybe they felt the need after two back to back up tempos even though "Cruel Summer" was a totally different breed than those up-tempos.

I think she already owns everything on Lover. Cruel Summer may have missed its moment in the sun :(

Lover is DONE (thankfully). but it does sting that Cruel Summer won't ever be a global #1 single now :(

It would be nice of her to treat us with a b-sides/vault tracks type EP for Lover since she will be giving similar treatment to everything else that predated folklore. Although I can't imagine what they could have left on the cutting room floor given what we got... :eyes:

It does feel strange "The Man" was released and flopped in 2020

wasn't it the case that it wasn't "properly" released? as in, ZERO promo effort bar the video. No performances, no radio airplay; I saw the video played a couple of times but it didn't have the same push as Lover did though a pretty standard campaign for a 4th single.

wasn't it the case that it wasn't "properly" released? as in, ZERO promo effort bar the video. No performances, no radio airplay; I saw the video played a couple of times but it didn't have the same push as Lover did though a pretty standard campaign for a 4th single.
Yeah I don’t think it underperforming was unexpected. She hasn’t really had an enduring pop radio hit since “Delicate” and maybe “You Need to Calm Down”. She released the doc at the same time, and did give it a splashy video, so I don’t think it was a matter of it being given unfair treatment. I just meant it felt v distant to the Taylor we know now.

she hasn't had a full campaign (four singles all with a big push) since 1989. reputation and Lover both felt over too soon.

no tears shed for The Man though. it was good, but I don't go back to it much.

There are rumours that she will surprise release "Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” either today or tomorrow.

Maybe it’s a fake rumor and she’ll release a brand new album at midnight or something

Maybe it’s a fake rumor and she’ll release a brand new album at midnight or something
What I’m growing to love about Taylor is that she, more than other pop stars, is into the kind of promo and releases that are mostly talked about on gay message boards

I think the rumour surrounds her playing the Empire State Building tonight and fans think there will be some tie in with a new release.

I need a surprise release from Tay Tay, although it would make more sense for her to surprise release reputation (TV) with "New Year's Day" (TV) on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom