Price rises/ inflation

I thought about cancelling now tv, but seeing as I’ll be staying in more than usual over the coming months I need the entertainment options!

In fact fuck it, I thought I'd cancel BritBox now rather than forgetting about it. I've now got four days to finish BNTM.

I'd subscribed to it via amazon, and while I was there I checked my Prime subscription and noticed that the annual subscription for that went only two days ago. And that it hasn't gone up in price since I started it in 2019. Pretty sure Netflix has gone up two or three times in that period.

Oh actually, I can justify Wow Presents Plus when All Stars 7 starts now I've got rid of BritBox :D

I got rid of Netflix recently, which I should have done sooner seeing as I'm pretty sure I was watching on average one show every three months.

I would sooner DIE than return to the advert version of Spotify though.

Submitted meter readings this week and I’ve succeeded in minimising the impact of the electricity price rises and also got my water bill down.

Electricity for period 31 March to 12 May = £44.03

Water for period 4 April to 9 May = £22.09

#FRUGALNANCY

Submitted meter readings this week and I’ve succeeded in minimising the impact of the electricity price rises and also got my water bill down.

Electricity for period 31 March to 12 May = £44.03

Water for period 4 April to 9 May = £22.09

#FRUGALNANCY
Have you bricked up your windows yet, Nancy?

Oh I know

My arsehole was MAKING BUTTONS as I went through the self service though
I just can’t do it. Being caught shoplifting and arrested on one occasion in my teenage years was quite enough for me. Very God fearing these days :)

Did anyone catch Suella Braverman suggesting getting cheaper broadband if you're struggling with the cost of living? :manson:

Did anyone catch Suella Braverman suggesting getting cheaper broadband if you're struggling with the cost of living? :manson:

Sadly my wi-fi is included in my rent so I'm going to have to eat the drywall.

File alongside George Eustice’s advice to shop value ranges and Therese Coffey’s ‘have you tried earning more?’

File alongside George Eustice’s advice to shop value ranges and Therese Coffey’s ‘have you tried earning more?’
"You don't have enough money? Why don't you just have more money then, lol!"

It would rankle a smidge less if they weren't all claiming hundreds of thousands in expenses, including for meals. But when did a Tory last read the room?

One of the best bargains I've found is at my LOCAL LIDL. They do a fruit and veg box for £1.50. There's a couple of days life left at least in everything in there, often more. You get the occasional bad apple in there (pardon the pun), but even if you have to throw out a few items in the box, it's still amazing value.

I'm not sure about availability nationwide, but in the Manchester City Centre store, these boxes are available most days. They do sell quite quickly so I recommend dropping in before 10am.

DF8F385E-F210-492F-B49A-35C177C93733.jpeg

This is the box I picked up this morning.

I’ve got £25 off an online Sainsbury’s shop of £60 to spend this week, which I’ll be using to stock up my cupboards, fridge and freezer for the month. This leaves me with just produce items to buy during the month. My monthly budget of £60 for food is easily achievable.

Last edited:
Talking of stealing I imagine @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA has finally been caught at his local Lidl and is currently serving time hence his absence :(
I did hear grisly tales of someone screaming I DESERVE THIS CHICKEN I RAMMED UP MY GUNNY before being kicked to the floor by security in the notoriously brutal Hackney Road branch of the Co-op and sent to jail forever :(

Having tasted the inside of a police cell after my teenage trespasses, I really don’t recommend it. Better to enjoy delicious Value products :)

I did hear grisly tales of someone screaming I DESERVE THIS CHICKEN I RAMMED UP MY GUNNY before being kicked to the floor by security in the notoriously brutal Hackney Road branch of the Co-op and sent to jail forever :(
If only the jail had Wi-Fi :(

Pennywise ale fans - I imagine this is probably restricted to the heterosexual or at least “heterosexual” males frequenting the lounge plus myself as I know you girls prefer an alcopop or fancy cocktail - might like to note that Lidl have a very tasty looking range of craft beers available in store from THIS THURSDAY :disco:

Also it’s GREEK WEEK for all those of us who are easily overexcited by their cruddy approximations of foreign fancies :disco:

Last edited:
I have my monthly Sainsbury's shop arriving this evening. I got all this for £36, which I will top up during the month with produce as required:

5kg pasta
1kg rice
Yeast extract (reduced salt)
100 Earl Grey tea bags
4 x 1l Soya Milk
3 x cans of coconut milk
2 x cans of cannellini beans
2 x cans of black eyed beans
2 x cans of mixed veg
2 x cans of butter beans
2x cans of black beans
2 x cans of kidney beans
Olive spread
2 x vegan burgers
560g vegan meatballs
720g Branston small chunk pickle
4 x cans of chick peas
Vegan toothpaste
1 x vegan garlic mayo
1 x vegan mayo
10 x cans of chopped tomatoes
850g frozen peas
1kg vegan mince
18 vegan sausages
Taste the difference coffee
5 x cans of baked beans
2 blocks of vegan cheese
6 tomatoes

SHOP SMART. SHOP THE NANCY WAY.

Last edited:
Here is another frugal living tip. Instead of buying books, use the library. It's free.

It's basically IPLAYER for BOOKS.

Hope there’s a sausage (vegan) and bean (cannellini) casserole being served up at Nancy Towers. I’ve got a lovely recipe if you want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom