Proper camp 90s thrillers

A struggling single mom forced to work the pole to win her daughter back becomes embroiled in a murderous political scandal... I like to imagine Demi Moore was told she was appearing in a hard-hitting drama about the sex industry and everyone else was told they were in Showgirls 2.

Watching this tonight! :disco:

This is camp trash (although very knowingly so)

Freeway1996poster.jpg

The lifestyles in this genre are so aspirational.

All I want is somebody to steal my baby and try to impale me on a white picket fence.

I got this for Christmas which is a 4 hour deep dive documentary into this genre, and covers EVERYTHING from the 40s and even the ropey straight to VHS Shannon Tweed fodder like the above :disco:

IMG_2832.jpeg

Omg. This looks 💩 must try and find it!

IMG_2782.jpeg

A tough L.A. cop and the teen sister of the ballerina whose murder he's investigating become targeted by a sinister cult that secretly runs the city.

I remember a SLEW of campy American television thrillers being released direct to video evey week in the 90s, providing steady income for Donna Mills and Josie Bissett.

THIS was a particular favourite with Alexandra Paul (aka the dull one from Baywatch) being terrorised by a scenery chewing QUEEN who shrieked his way through most of it.
17427611_1_92.jpg

Maybe in addition to @COB‘s Creepers one time we could do a group watch of one of these. Shame we missed it as a Valentine’s special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom