Purity Ring - graves

Jark

User
NO IDEA if there's any following on here for the Canadian alt-fairy-dreampop duo Purity Ring but they are back and this is their new one.

it's very good in a reassuringly "nothing has changed since 2014" kind of way. previous single so shy was enjoyable also.

I often go back to this one but I’ve gradually lost interest in them since the second album, which is disappointing

The name of it alone! “Let’s call it CARTOGRAPHIST” :disco:

the second album was disappointing. but yes the first had many an ETHEREAL BANGER.

UNGIRTHED (another fabulous title) is a go-to for me when I'm feeling not like the other girls.

Like everyone else in the world , I liked the first album and then forgot about them

Giving a new meaning to relistenable (since the first listen is completely forgotten)

On the subject of the second album, I do love this one very much

I think the main problem is that what I really want from them is wall-to-wall horror along the lines of Cartographist

Reactions: LTZ
They’re not really comparable (well, maybe tonally) but this discussion is bringing to mind I Break Horses and THIS remains EVERYTHING :disco:

Also THIS. (Actually it wouldn’t surprise me if they had key characteristics in common.) Just call me your one man Spotify :disco:

I love graves (in a nothing changed way like @Jark said). Who came first, them or CHVRCHES? They sound similar

I listened and I do remember (and like) Bodyache and Begin Again from the 2nd album. I see myself lsitening to a lot of Purity Ring this week. @Tisch i see you in the thread and I think you’d like them

I listened and I do remember (and like) Bodyache and Begin Again from the 2nd album. I see myself lsitening to a lot of Purity Ring this week. @Tisch i see you in the thread and I think you’d like them
luann-hi-girls.gif

I don't get tagged in these threads by are @Jark anymore so this makes me smile. I'll listen tomorrow :) *forgets*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom