Purple Disco Machine - Exotica (gay, buss-ruining masterpiece disco record)

Jark

User
this was posted in one of the dance/house threads but feels Moopy-friendly enough that I think its own thread is warranted.

it's even more feel good than Hypnotized - total fizzy joy

I'm guessing an album/EP is on the way

Fizzy is definitely the word for this, even if Hypnotized is the stronger song I think. An album is due later this year, according to the write up for the 12 inch of this single on Rough Trade.

Fireworks was referenced as the third single so presumably this will also be included:

I'm loving every single song PDM is spitting out this year. Exotica is also a banger.

PDM's remix of Menergy loses a bit of the hard Hi-NRG stomp of the original but it is a nice update:

I'm halfway through the album and it's absolutely flying by. the singles have all matured deliciously, Can't Get Enough is a superb opener, and the excellent Elderbrook track is kind of giving me I Feel It Coming meets Groove Armada's History (paging @funky). :disco:

a way stronger, more varied and polished record than I was expecting.

The album is so good. Definitely a mixture of influences and styles but so consistent. I agree that Can't Get Enough and I Remember are especially strong and Opposite of Crazy is a slightly left field stand out moment. Wanna Feel Like A Lover is a super smooth closer.

Trying to figure out what song Can't Get Enough borrows from. Thom Bell and Linda Creed are credited so some sophisticated seventies soul presumably.

Strangely there is one repeated part which almost sounds a bit 9 to 5 :D

I'm not sure about the sample. but I know that this album is the tits and I need it to soundtrack a boozy all-day brunch VERY SOON.

I can't think of a stronger trio of recent singles than Hypnotized, Fireworks and Dopamine. all incredible. 🎇

and I Remember is really transcendent. a friend described it as the "boring ballad" that ruined the album's flow and reader, he's dead now.

it's perhaps not the album of the MONTH either but really, we've been very spoiled this year. sometimes I get actual anxiety thinking about how much music there is and all the stuff I'll invariably forget about one day when my brain's cloud becomes FULL!

I wasn't all that impressed with my first listen to my honest. Can't Get Enough, Dopamine, Hypnotized and Playbox are all :disco: GEMS but there's plenty of CHAFF on this too. I think I'll be cherry picking my best bits and ditching the rest.

I heard Hyptnized last Saturday at a club (my first club outing in MONTHS), and it was a MOMENT as well.

Needless to say, the said club was a homosexual establishment and it was shoe-horned between an awful Ed Sheeran remix of Shivers and a fabulous remix of Cold Heart by Dua.

it flopped out the gate but I believe it's starting to take off now on the old spotty fry.

it flopped out the gate but I believe it's starting to take off now on the old spotty fry.

SCREAMING at Dopamine becoming a legit hit when Exotica and Fireworks didn't do shit (and they're much better!)

SCREAMING at Dopamine becoming a legit hit when Exotica and Fireworks didn't do shit (and they're much better!)
Fireworks did great :D it'll hit 100 million streams soon!

I can't remember a thing about Exotica, it is not better than Dopamine hun!

I liked it but it didn't stick with me tbh. I think I've just heard better of that ILK. I do like the last track a LOT though.

Based on all this GAY HYPE I might give it another go :disco:

you absolutely must! I'm sure you'll stan I Remember at the very least. that's the MAGNUM OPUS.

the last song sounds like Le Flex, i knew you'd love that.

Club Exotica out today featuring a mixed and unmixed set of remixes

Tracklist
1. Purple Disco Machine – Can’t Get Enough (feat. Sahara Beck) [Monte Remix]
2. Purple Disco Machine & Lorenz Rhode – At The Disko [Extended Mix]
3. Purple Disco Machine – Fireworks (feat. Moss Kena & The Knocks) [Club Dub Mix]
4. Purple Disco Machine – Don’t Stop [Extended Mix]
5. Purple Disco Machine – Dopamine (feat. Eyelar) [John Summit Remix]
6. Purple Disco Machine & Elderbrook – I Remember [Club Dub Mix]
7. Purple Disco Machine – Opposite of Crazy (feat. Bloom Twins) [The Emperor Machine Remix]
8. Purple Disco Machine & Sophie and the Giants – Hypnotized [Club Dub Mix]
9. Purple Disco Machine – Loneliness (feat. Francesca Lombardo) [Art of Tones Remix]
10. Purple Disco Machine – Hands To The Sky (feat. Fiorious & House Gospel Choir) [Floorplan Justified Remix]
11. Purple Disco Machine & Pink Flamingo Rhythm Revue – Money Money [The Cube Guys Remix]
12. Purple Disco Machine – Playbox [Alex Virgo Remix]
13. Purple Disco Machine – Exotica (feat. Mind Enterprises) [Club Mix]
14. Purple Disco Machine – Wanna Feel Like A Lover (feat. Ed Mac) [Poolside Remix]

Gave the remix album a listen while doing some light housework this morning...

That mix of Can't Get Enough promises a lot but never quite gets there. I would very much like a non-dub club version of I Remember. The reworking of Opposite of Crazy is rather good, and Loneliness going further in a classic disco direction is very welcome. Poolside are a pretty perfect fit for Wanna Feel Like a Lover.

surprisingly, I find the Poolside remix of Wanna Feel Like a Lover a bit of a turd. slowing things down was a choice.

ok but I can't at the best remix off this being left out

BOP-O-RAMA

and this unhinged totally ott redo of Dopamine

we don't need a chorus, we just obey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom