Pussycat Dolls reunite for UK Arena tour [CANCELLED + UNREUNITED]

VoR

Take it or leave it
All back but Melody Thornton apparently. Yes, even CARMIT :disco:

That said, this seems very ambitious. I really don't get the sense there's a significant amount of nostalgia towards them beyond Don't Cha and Don't Hold Your Breath, even among the gays.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did well, the UK has a disproportionately high number of basic bitches among the 21-35s.

Don't Hold Your Breath was a Nicole solo song, but you're not wrong because she will absolutely force them to let her perform it (and all her other hits hopefully) :disco:

Nicole NEEDS to do a solo segment with all of the Killer Love singles (with the rest of the Pussycat Dolls being her sole backup singers).

I still live for WET :disco: (about once a year).

06 Don't Cha
03 Stickwitchu
02 Beep (How on earth are they going to get away with digging out this #METOO anthem in 2019?!)
05 Buttons
06 I Don't Need a Man
07 When I Grow Up
05 Whatcha Think About That
08 I Hate This Part
08 Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)
08 Hush, Hush (Ridiculous I Will Survive remix ONLY)

08 Poison (NICOOOLE! NICOOOOOOOLE! NICOOOOOOOOOLE!)
10 Don't Hold Your Breath
06 Right There
07 Wet
10 Try With Me
05 Boomerang
07 Your Love
06 Run
05 On The Rocks

Yeah, a lot of it really hasn't aged well...

Babe, this entire concert is going to be a Nicole solo segment.
TRUE.

I enjoyed this picture of the other dolls literally IN THE SHADOWS. :D

_109893162_shadowsbbc.jpg

_109893162_shadowsbbc.webp

LyEgTAahuvupEVqA6

entertainment-arts-50556909

Last edited:
Oh HUSH VoR.

Don’t Cha wish your girlfriend was hot like ME?

Always this thought this lot were rubbish. Just makes me want to get someone to shake some sense into Easther, Vernie, Kelle and Louise (if they must) to a medium venue sized Eternal reunion tour.

I feel like the nostalgia is more rampant in women than GAYS, sort of similar to Christina Aguilera who I think just had a successful (almost sold out?) UK tour despite rather ridiculous ticket prices.

Were they not big in the states? I would have thought an all American group would be touring in America too. Surely it would be a lot more lucrative for them as well.

WET, Club Banger Nation and Poison ENDED ME back in 2010, I still cannot cope with those wig snatching ANTHEMS :shock:

as for the Dolls. just WHO is going to come out SCREECHING like a roadkill cat during the latter sections of Buttons, Whatcha Think About That and I Hate This Part if there's no MElody? Hopefully, the other dolls' mics will be turned on this time around, we now know Carmit does sing nicely and Jessica has proven to have QUITE a voice :disco:

It's as utterly unnecessary a reunion as any I can remember.

Don’t Cha wish your girlfriend was hot like REE(TA)?

And don't pretend otherwise.

I'm here for a 2019 When I Grow Up, their tour-de-force tuneless megababe monument.

I last saw Melody on Celebs Go Dating. She gave up a Welsh-Italian rugby build so she doesn't deserve any solo lines anyway.

GOD I am so excited at the whole prospect! Why not a single date in the US though? They did have an enviable string of hits for a group of their nature and no less than 12 singles from only 2 albums!

1. Buttons
2. I hate this part
3. When I grow up
4. I don't need a man
5. Elevator
6. Hot stuff (I Want you back)
7. Bottle pop
8. Whatcha think about that (Darkchild Remix)
9. Tainted love/Where did our love go?
10. Painted windows

They were bigger here I'd say. Wasn't their second album pretty much a bomb in the USA?

Nicole is certainly a bigger name here these days, and Ashley's also maintained a bit of a profile with Strictly/ the stuff she does with Ant & Dec. I can see the logic. Presumably if it goes over well they'll try a few US dates.

Yeah I consider Nicole much more of a UK celeb these days. She was more or less chased out of the US with pitchforks after murdering that child and refusing to apologise onscreen.

Then her album was too Fun For Europe for the US market, so she pretty much ended up settling here and used X Factor and Danone yoghurts to get by...

They were bigger here I'd say. Wasn't their second album pretty much a bomb in the USA?

Nicole is certainly a bigger name here these days, and Ashley's also maintained a bit of a profile with Strictly/ the stuff she does with Ant & Dec. I can see the logic. Presumably if it goes over well they'll try a few US dates.
Album sales were down, but "When I Grow Up" and "I Hate This Part" were pretty sizable hits. But I don't see any interest as a legacy or nostalgia act here, if No Doubt couldn't generate interest even with new music I don't think the PCD can.

They look like Sex dolls on the cover of I Hate This Part which I'm struggling to post because I'm on my phone which @Rita has stolen.

Last edited:
I would say Nicole is pretty recognisable WORLDWIDE. The rest not so much so.

I would have said Don’t Cha alone was one of the biggest hits of the noughties. I don’t think they ever really lived up to that again in terms of Worldwide success.

Did they even do arenas I’m when they were big?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom