Race Across The World - New BBC Reality Gameshow

Season 2 has been such a joy, Jo & Sam are my favourite team! Especially her .. <3

I know they've suspended filming of the BBC1 celebrity version due to the pandemic, however Studio Lambert just announced this;

BBC Two's hit show will return for another series as soon as it is safe to do so and we are looking for our next set of dynamic duos ready to take on their biggest challenge. If the restrictions of self isolation have sparked your wanderlust and if you think you and a loved one have got what it takes and are ready to embark on an adventure of a lifetime, then apply now!

Which is wonderful news! Any thoughts as to where they can race in Season 3? Africa? Cape Town to Cairo (via Morroco?)

Though thinking about it .. Libya and a few other countries may prove an issue. Anyway i would love another new route rather than repeating season 1's .. however i'm just happy we are going to get another season of the race!

Hopefully the celeb version gets canned for good too. Don’t see the point.

Hopefully the celeb version gets canned for good too. Don’t see the point.

I'd forgotten all about that.

Anyway, lovely Jo to be allowed/forced to do it all again for the next series. Didn't she say she has another son?

Caught up on this last night. Favourite episode, but mostly because it was full of places I've been so held sentimental value.

Emon & Jamiul are my favourites followed by Jo & Sam (although the whole "I don't want to travel, I want to have fun" is starting to grate. You're in a fucking race)

Lizzie running away from Dom's seizure was such a dick move.

But yes, Africa seems most likely for the next series. There's enough stable countries and awkward enough transport to make it worthwhile.

I can't see North America being done, it's too easy. The only other alternative is they do a similar-but-different route to the first series. Lisbon to Vladivostok via Scandinavia, or something.

Caught up on this last night. Favourite episode, but mostly because it was full of places I've been so held sentimental value.

Emon & Jamiul are my favourites followed by Jo & Sam (although the whole "I don't want to travel, I want to have fun" is starting to grate. You're in a fucking race)

Lizzie running away from Dom's seizure was such a dick move.

It seemed they didn't feature quite as much as the others to begin with but I really like Emon and Jamiul now we've seen more of them. I did feel Sam getting a haircut was probably peak ridiculousness.

It must have been scary and stepping back and letting people who know what they are doing take care of him is one thing, but Lizzie scarpering was another.

Jo :(

In terms of the race they surely are pretty screwed now, apparently last and with less money than everyone else. Considering Sam still appears to think nothing of a casual Subway between meals are they even going to have enough money to get to the end?

Jen apparently really good at canoeing despite all evidence to the contrary.

The credits had been giving away that they would be in Brazil at some point and I knew that transport there would absolutely destroy their budgets. Argentina isn't the cheapest and theres a massive way to go. They'll end up having to ride for blowjobs.

I really have my ups and down with Sam - he can be lovely and very in tune with where he is and then it’s like “Seen a Subway. Want a Subway” without any regard for his mum and the race.

Emonand and Jamiul to win please. Just two very lovely people I think.

Lizzie and Dom are just two siblings who will never get on. Dunno why they think spending two months together would change that. Was waiting for Dom to be FEWMIN when she’d made a decision on the taxi :D

Despite the weeks on the road Jamiul is looking more and more attractive. I would be happy to see him and Emon win.

Jo obviously is my favourite, but yes, Jamiul and Emon FTW.

I've found Emonand & Jamiul so dull. Theyd be my least preferred winners, though i agree Jamiul is a beautiful guy and i love his husky voice. I've resigned myself to the lovely Jo not winning, but i do hope they all manage to finish.

I would like an extra team for season 3 and maybe some form of elimination again to spice things up. (I wonder if there was a plan for this before Shuntelle & Michael lost their money).

I've found Emonand & Jamiul so dull. Theyd be my least preferred winners, though i agree Jamiul is a beautiful guy and i love his husky voice. I've resigned myself to the lovely Jo not winning, but i do hope they all manage to finish.

I would like an extra team for season 3 and maybe some form of elimination again to spice things up. (I wonder if there was a plan for this before Shuntelle & Michael lost their money).

I just like thinking that the only reason we got one last time was because those two old dears were so shit :D

I just like thinking that the only reason we got one last time was because those two old dears were so shit :D

Haha well yes, that too! They were terrible. It’s a shame we didn’t get another OAP team this season, Tony and a Elaine were really great additions and definitely represented that demograph well compared to the usual cannon fodder of elderly reality casting.

Dom and Lizzie begging (which is what it was) for a bus ride was so cringe. I was dying inside as the ordeal went on and on. I thought they were just going to hitchhike.

I liked Jen and Rob going to the job centre :D

But really I’m not sure any of them are going to make it with the budgets they’re on. Was last year so tight?

Jen telling Rob she wasn't going to let him stop her from winning about sums it up.

Jo and Sam sounded like they might be calling it a day at the ranch and not going on to the checkpoint.

:D at drunk Dom.

Dom and Lizzie begging (which is what it was) for a bus ride was so cringe. I was dying inside as the ordeal went on and on. I thought they were just going to hitchhike.

I liked Jen and Rob going to the job centre :D

But really I’m not sure any of them are going to make it with the budgets they’re on. Was last year so tight?

I don't remember it being so much of an issue for all of them. One couple ran out of money right at the end I think and couldn't pay the charge to go up to the roof where the final stop was. Another couple (completely unprompted) had to donate to them.

Are we getting a recap show then as episode 9 if next week is the final leg?

Seems like Jen & Rob are massive favourites now with their budget. At least two teams are going to have either work constantly or hitch all the way.

I've just managed to finish the last 4 seasons of The Amazing Race and thought I'd give season 2 of this a go... it is such a comedown in comparison. The word 'race' in the title is so ironic cos everyone just seems to be sitting around in Mexican ruins and sleeping all the time.

I also feel like 5 teams is really not enough to keep my attention for as many episodes as this runs for. I like having loads of teams to choose between.

And the interaction between teams is such a massive part of the Amazing Race - this lot meet at the start line and basically never see each other ever again.

Incidentally, I haven't looked above at your comments because I don't want to see spoilers in case I do eventually get engaged with it out of sheer boredom.

The thing I DO like more on this: the budgeting and planning they need to do. But it's at the expense of any drama at all it seems.

Also: a better thing is that they never have a clue what position they're in, which is different to the Amazing Race. I like the arrivals when they don't have a clue they're in first or last.

Last edited:
On Episode 2. I'm just keeping it on in the background while I work.

A bit of interaction between the teams now with that miserable wife of the deaf guy getting mad about the black couple being on the same bus as her. What a miserable cow.

So you came to that massive conclusion after one episode....? :D :eyes:

I watched the entirety of Season 1 and that was true throughout the entire series.

I've watched to the end of Episode 2. No way can I do six more episodes with just these 8 people. I'm out now.

How I'd LOVE the actual Amazing Race UK... there's USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Israel, China, Norway, Ukraine,Vietnam, France and the Phillippines. But not UK. I've never understood why we didn't pick it up (the BBC couldn't do it - far too expensive with flights etc, but it would have been perfect for ITV).

Last edited:
What a shame you aren’t enjoying it. Whilst I agree it lacks the drama and variety by having more teams, I’ve found it really refreshing and much prefer it over the recent seasons of the Amazing Race.

I’ve certainly not missed some crappy “learn a native dance” roadblock.

I've never seen Amazing Race. This is lovely hateful viewing. I've always wanted to go to South America, so even better.

Bring back CBB and put Jen on for an instant hate figure. Intolerable. Great TV to boot. She kinda knows it as well.

Obviously the mum is the best, the younger cousin is hot. Siblings are best advised not go on TV.

Jen is awful, but to be honest it makes me hate Rob more, for being the sort of person who allows it to happen.

But then in fairness to him, I imagine being 80% deaf makes her 80% more tolerable.

I fully expect Jen and Rob to win based on positioning and budget, and you know that Rob will be blamed and made to suffer endlessly if they don't.

The other three pairs are varying degrees of enjoyable. Dom and Lizzie both have their moments when they are in the wrong, but I do like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom