Radiohead - OK Computer

I Trust I can Rely On Your Vote

• Total voters

TomH

Who?
Kid A is perhaps more popular on Moopy, but this is their biggest and most popular album in general... this forum needs at least one Radiohead album poll, perhaps more!

Can't say I like No Surprises much, and Fitter Happier is always skipped, but the rest is fantastic and has stood the test of time... so still a 10 I think.

Not as good as the Bends.. but a mile better than Kid A

Ooh i hope someone puts a Kid A poll up so i can give it the zero it deserves

Ok Computer's never been a favourite of mine, I absolutely love parts of it (Paranoid Android, Exit Music, The Tourist) and never listen to other parts of it (Airbag, Subterranean Homsick Alien, Fitter Happier)

Strangely, I think it's actually grown on me over time. Whilst it doesn't really do it for me in the way that The Bends does (and I think I also prefer Kid A) it's still worth a good 9.

A great album by Radiohead, even if it's not the classic Kid A is.

Songs that rule:

Paranoid Android
Exit Music (For a Film)
Electioneering
Climbing Up the Walls
No Surprises
Lucky
The Tourist

Songs that suck:

Airbag
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Let Down
Fitter Happier
Karma Police

6/10. Second half amazing mind. "Lucky" the best thing on it.

Your assesment regarding the songs that rule seems dead on so it's worth some good points, sadly. Bah. I can't be bothered doing my fake anti-Radiohead rant to wind up their fans now. It's almost enough to inspire me to put it on, grotesquely and inexplicably overrated as it is. But yeah, you can see why with those songs.

When a bands third best album still deserves a 10, what does that tell you about that band?

For some reason I always turn to Radiohead when I stop smoking and LO AND BEHOLD here we are again :smoke: if not :smoke:

I've given all I can IT'S NOT ENOUGH :grr:

Songs that rule:

Paranoid Android
Exit Music (For a Film)
Electioneering
Climbing Up the Walls
No Surprises
Lucky
The Tourist

Songs that suck:

Airbag
Let Down
Fitter Happier
Karma Police

Imagine not rating Airbag or (more specifically) Karma Police! I am simply AGOGGED :shock:

"Let Down" is my favorite song of theirs. :googlyeyes:

Apparently, it was an absolute bastard to play live, which I can imagine given Jonny and Ed's intercrossing guitar lines. The bit when the drums kick in properly and the double tracked vocal separates into a harmony ("a chemical reaction...") is sublime and lifts it to classic status.

It's still their third best album. It's still a 10.

Which are the best two?

I never got into The Bends and Pablo Honey (having explored their discography in the 00’s and not when they were released), and I don’t think I’ve listened to anything post In Rainbows, so my top three would probably be:

01. Ok Computer
02. Amnesiac
03. Kid A

I do love a bit of In Rainbows

It's a perfect sequence - 10 songs, 42 minutes, all bangers, no flab. Exactly the album they needed to make after the messy, unfocussed "Hail To The Thief". The 2nd disc showed how carefully they can curate their albums - all the additional songs were great but you really wouldn't swap anything out nor add anything.

I do remember initially loving In Rainbows (especially, I think the first track) but then I sort of forgot revisiting. Might give it a spin again.

The Rankette

Amnesiac (Yes, bitch, it still is!)
The Bends
Hail To The Thief
KID A
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Pablo Honey

I just never got into The King Of Limbs or listened to it enough to include it in the ranking. I think I played A Moon Shaped Pool twice.

I read that "Reckoner" was inspired by Red Hot Chili Peppers. If that's the case, then it is the one positive contribution RHCP have made to music.

Songs that rule:

Paranoid Android
Exit Music (For a Film)
Electioneering
Climbing Up the Walls
No Surprises
Lucky
The Tourist

Songs that suck:

Airbag
Let Down
Fitter Happier
Karma Police

Holy moly. What an idiot I was. Airbag is probably my favourite song on it now.

FWIW, Kid A is still the best, King of Limbs still the worst... and A Moon Shaped Pool was terrific and I need to listen to it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom