RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

Like they don’t have that sort of filth in IRELAND

I’ve seen the SuperValu website and it’s NON-STOP MUCK!

Back in MY DAY everything was local. Straight from the butcher (from my uncle Francis) or from the farm where my mother was BORN AND BRED. Other than that we ate crisps and pork scratchings from the pub my parents owned that we lived above . :disco:

“Tea” is ridiculous, isn’t it. Mind you, “supper” really sticks in my throat so TEA ‘TIS

We also ate FISH from the river that my grandad used to catch with a HANDKERCHIEF from the river below the farm. :disco:

:D No ROD? How on earth did he catch them with a HANKY?

I don’t have a single clue, but yes he caught fish without a rod. The river was RIDDLED and he would just put his hand in with handkerchief (for grip). It was his PARTY TRICK.

I don’t have a single clue, but yes he caught fish without a rod. The river was RIDDLED and he would just put his hand in with handkerchief (for grip). It was his PARTY TRICK.
Who on earth describes a river as being RIDDLED WITH FISH? :D!

It does sound quite the skill, though. Quite SOVIET if I may say so :disco:

Oh this HANKY in my back pocket, it’s for, CATCHING FISH :eyes:

CRAZY HORSES, but 100% true. I have never even touched a fish. My dad used to have a boat where he went out (with a rod) but I got terribly sea sick. 2 of my brother have boats now and have cages? attached to buoys on the sea at Portnoo and regularly catch crab and lobster.

Oh I don’t know of there. I do have family in BALLYBOFEY.
It’s near where my cousins live in the north and always used to BEMUSE me as a child.

Wait until Zu hears of BALLYBOGEY.
OMG when Ireland win the Eurosong again (NEVER at this rate), there's just the right venue for EUROCLUB :disco:

hidden-gem.jpg

Yes, WHY would something be named after a BOGEY, I’d always ask. It’s not like there’s fuck all else to do round there (other than the Causeway).

Yes, WHY would something be named after a BOGEY, I’d always ask. It’s not like there’s fuck all else to do round there (other than the Causeway).
APPARENTLY it "may ultimately have come from the Welsh bwg, ghost, bugbear, hobgoblin" as in GOBLIN MEAT PUDDINGS DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE

The POST OFFICE is still the CENTRE OF THE TOWN where I am. Heading back to the dark ages, and LOVING IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom