Real Housewives of New Jersey

NOT to be confused with iconic forum favourite franchise :eyes: The Real Housewives of JERSEY.

Anyway it's back so WHY NOT have a thread for it :D
The trailer for the new series is here, Danielle is GONE, Jen is DRUNK and Teresa & Jackie hate each other, as do Teresa and Melissa (again) apparently :D

NEW CAST PHOTO:
1280_housewives.jpg

I feel like Dolores should really come after Jackie to make the intended colour scheme work properly :D

Is this the first city to have the same cast 3 seasons in a row?

The trailer looks good.

The trailer looks good but New Jersey really is a VERY different flavour. I can't even pinpoint what it is exactly. Maybe cause it just feels there's so much PAINFULLY STUPID on display compared to the hilariously stupid on e.g. Atlanta, New York and Melbourne.

I think possibly Potomac's core four are the nearest thing to stability we've seen? I can't think of any season that hasn't changed the cast at all for three seasons :o

Also appreciation for this 11 seconds pls :disco: :D

Margret’s new face is some good work. She should have darkened her hair in order to not wash it out.

Dolores is truly gorgeous

I started this prior to getting hooked on Vancouver. Not sure whether to dive back in (I’m only on episode three!) as it wasn’t bad at all, or to start on Potomac instead...

Is this the first city to have the same cast 3 seasons in a row?

I think so. And totally deserved, if so.

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer. She definitely tried to come across as a certain kind of Housewives material at first, but missed the mark somewhat and unintentionally became Housewives gold as a result.

Jackie I'm not really into, but I do like having her on the cast as she's so undeniably great at causing conflict. And she brings Evan to the table, too.

Dolores can be boring at times, but once there is conflict going on around her, she's somehow terrific at ramping it up.

Teresa is obviously a legend, and Margaret is the Dorinda Medley of the New Jersey story.

Melissa I actively dislike, but after eight seasons of her being around against my will, I just don't have the energy to object anymore. Fine, whatever.

I have a really good FEELING about this season of New Jersey. With the OC season, and Atlanta (so far) being A BIT OF A FLOP everybody seems to be quite positive about this one online - and they've been slowly working the show over the past few seasons to bring it in line with the other franchises a bit more, so maybe this will properly pay off now the cast has settled.

@Devil New Jersey is definitely the ODD ONE OUT of all the Housewives shows. The first 5 or so seasons (particularly from 3 onwards) could have been renamed JERSEY FAMILIES or something instead of a Housewives show as they are a bit like Mob Wives but softer.
The first 2 seasons are legendary, but are bulked out with a fair degree of dull family drama - if you just follow the Housewives themselves (particularly evil queen Danielle and her fairweather friends) and skip the family stuff you're in for a riot and won't miss out on too much.

Alternatively just start from season 8, which is where fan fave Margaret joins alongside Danielle's return - although you'll have to suffer through a season of Soggy Flicker :D

Last edited:
I think so. And totally deserved, if so.

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer. She definitely tried to come across as a certain kind of Housewives material at first, but missed the mark somewhat and unintentionally became Housewives gold as a result.

Jackie I'm not really into, but I do like having her on the cast as she's so undeniably great at causing conflict. And she brings Evan to the table, too.

Dolores can be boring at times, but once there is conflict going on around her, she's somehow terrific at ramping it up.

Teresa is obviously a legend, and Margaret is the Dorinda Medley of the New Jersey story.

Melissa I actively dislike, but after eight seasons of her being around against my will, I just don't have the energy to object anymore. Fine, whatever.

I liked season 3 Melissa, just because it was SUCH a gag after Danielle's departure to introduce Teresa's overly emotional younger brother and BITCH WIFE to the show :D But that wore off VERY QUICKLY.
I still can't get over either that Melissa tainted the memory of her DEAD DAD on national TV by inventing a LONG LOST SISTER who didn't exist for a storyline! All the interesting stuff about Melissa happens OFF SCREEN too :eyes:

I don't mind Dolores, she's a good support character albeit one that will NEVER take a lead role on the show :D I also have a soft spot for BIG FRANK too, who seems like quite a nice man.

Last edited:
She is so disgusting. I’ve never hated a housewife as much as I hate her. Her voice triggers me.

@Devil New Jersey is definitely the ODD ONE OUT of all the Housewives shows. The first 5 or so seasons (particularly from 3 onwards) could have been renamed JERSEY FAMILIES or something instead of a Housewives show as they are a bit like Mob Wives but softer.
The first 2 seasons are legendary, but are bulked out with a fair degree of dull family drama - if you just follow the Housewives themselves (particularly evil queen Danielle and her fairweather friends) and skip the family stuff you're in for a riot and won't miss out on too much.

TBH I quite like Dina, who I note is a FORUM FAVOURITE :disco:

TAG LINES!

It's really time for Melissa to GO isn't it :D

I have such a good feeling about this season. I've seen some Instagram queens who have seen the screener of episode 1 say it's their best episode 1 ever - even better than season 3's CHRISTENING DRAMA! :disco:

So long as it's as good as the last two seasons, I'll be perfectly happy.

I don't really trust fans who get screeners - not since all the talk that Salt Lake City would be the most fire season we've ever seen. I mean, it's been enjoyable, yes, but....

I’ve begun my first watch of this and midway through the 2nd season now. Danielle is utterly batshit and while initially feeling sorry for her, it’s now looking like she’s brought a lot of the ladies’ attitudes towards her on herself. Enjoying Jacqueline and Caroline so far but could gladly do with less Teresa and Joe.

Here’s the opening scene of the new season, bizarrely not censored

It’s so weird to hear them swear and hear the word cunt :D

I've been seeing a lot of excited reports about how good this season of New Jersey is and I honestly CANNOT WAIT!

I've started watching Season 8 and I'm obsessed with iconic possibly bipolar (?) Israeli SIGGY FLICKER
https%3A%2F%2Fchampagneandshade.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F12%2Fdownload-850x560.jpg

OMG WHAT! She's my least favourite Housewife of ALL TIME :D

In unrelated but also related news - has anybody watched the new season PREMIERE yet?
I'm a bit OFF HOUSEWIVES at the moment (I think I've watched TOO MUCH of it over the past few months), but social media seems to be positively ABLAZE about this ep.

I'm anticipating an imminent Danielle social-media meltdown due to this new season RAKING UP THE MEMORIES that New Jersey as her employer is FIRMLY and DEFINITIVELY in the past now - but does she have anything left to REVEAL following her podcast 'revelations' :D

God Frank JNR appears to have de-buffed a little, and he's looking hotter than EVER as a result :D (:horny:)
David and Dolores look more bizarre together than ever. David genuinely looks HALF DEAD! The cheers she will get from fans when she finally gets back together with BIG FRANK.

Teresa spreading rumours at the birthday party was an instant classic :D I need a 30 second supercut IMMEDIATELY! :D

And then doubling down on it when Jackie confronted her :D

Now Vicki has gone, we need another housewife who is going to pluck rumours from thin air and say she “heard them” like a spiteful schizophrenic. And Teresa is taking that mantle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom