Real Housewives of New Jersey

I'd skip it altogether if it wasn't for the return of Danielle. And I'm interested to see Margaret.

S8 Is actually a great season, it really refreshes the whole franchise, but Siggy is a domineering NIGHTMARE.

715DBFCB-EEAA-4F4C-BC45-633833B26A0E.jpeg

The weird thing is that Jackie was fine yet everyone wanted her to cry.

I think I felt my first moment of admiration for Jackie in that scene. That clapback was machiavellian.

Margaret went right down in my estimations though. There's asking your husband to confirm something for the group, and then there's screaming him down in a way that he knows that if he says anything other than 'no', he's essentially dead.

S8 Is actually a great season, it really refreshes the whole franchise, but Siggy is a domineering NIGHTMARE.

AGREED! Although Siggy thinking she is REALLY doing something by claiming Marge is antisemetic gets QUITE TIRESOME!

That Danielle almost FADES into the background (even when chucking drinks over dinner :D ) because of the MESSY MANIA that is Siggy is also quite remarkable :D

I'm loving this season, they've finally managed to incorporate the family stuff to the show without it being too grating for me - or maybe I just find the husbands & kids FAR MORE palatable than back when the extended Manzo clan ruled the roost.

Teresa is either permanently drunk or on some prescription drug. It was more pronounced in the past few episodes but there's such a definite SLUR on so many of her words that never used to be there :D Teresa as the agent of chaos, with Jackie silently RUMBLING her with the odd sassy jibe is a dynamic I'm really into.

Also lol at the opening scene of Jen being very slowly driven away whilst being sick on her husband's car (was that in last weeks ep? I must have missed it) and that weird Dolores party that painted her as a modern day SAINT, whilst also being thrown in David's house (?). That relationship is so fascinating to me, Big Frank is CLEARLY the ONE :D

I do admire Dolores' reserve in not going back with Frank though. He cheated on her, and she's stuck to her word of not having him back.

I feel like she has the best of both worlds in her life now - the boyfriend and the best friend.

Not that David is the perfect boyfriend by any stretch, but that's a whole other discussion :(

David makes me uncomfortable. His motorcycle and that sniper school. He’s a psychopath.

But I assume Frank’s genitalia shrunk back into his body from all the steroids.

I don't know why but I do feel like this or the next might be Teresa's last season. The villain of the show Joe is gone for good and her kids are almost all grown now.

I don't know, I think the current cast is settling into Ramona/Luann/Sonja/Dorinda territory, where it'll be based around them for some time to come.

Or at least I hope so :disco:

I am loving it so far. The addition of Margaret is like a breath of fresh air. SOGGY is annoying as fuck but It's bringing drama aplenty, the reaction to the cake throwing was so OTT that she rightly deserved mocking for. I cringed when she threw the bag party and lay down on the floor saying she was redeemed in her reaction because her guests agreed with her.

It’s weird seeing all the old faces. Also that house was not Teresa’s (as Danielle made sure to let everyone know)

This week's episode felt like a nice throwback to the early years of New Jersey. It's probably the only US series of the franchise in recent years that has been getting better with every new season :disco:

The midseason trailer looked a bit lacklustre. I’m hoping they have something up their sleeves.

Currently on the Jamaica trip from S10 and the Dullores/Jackie argument is so stupid. Plus her and Jennifer being completely up Teresa's ass makes her even more unbearable.

I used to find Dolores a bit pointless too, but it's gotten to the point now where I like having her around.

Dolores and David can't have much time left after that episode aired :D

I might be the only one but I'm actually quite enjoying the insight into Jennifer's family strife. New Jersey has always been underpinned by some very real age-old family drama, so it feels like a natural fit without being too exploitative.

I think this ended up being one of the strongest covid seasons. Right amount of drama without going overboard.

They look great!

That hair is a bit...harsh on Jackie.

I think I love this season. It's really comfort reality TV at it's finest, and it works so well as a proper ensemble instead of Teresa and family being the main focus that the others float around.
I'm even fine with Melissa this season! Fake marriage problems for her fake marriage that result in a Joey Gorga cringe-crying multiple times are far more interesting to watch than them pretending they are interested in having another baby :D

I notice Jen seems to be ascending to becoming a proper fan fave this season too, which feels SO CORRECT. Her family dramas are genuinely interesting to watch, if a little uncomfortable/exploitive-feeling AT TIMES. I think Marge needs to tread lightly with her targeting of Jennifer too, as she could easily find herself in the unexpected VILLAIN role if she isn't careful.

I think Jennifer is really shining with her parents storyline being more interesting than anything else. Her family in general is a great supporting cast (I thought her daughter hugging all the women and being so proud of herself was adorable). Also that party reminded me of home when my mom would have a gaggle of women over and do a ridiculous spread. I’m enjoying the middle eastern-of it all.

Marge’s face seem to have finally settled and she’s looking great but I agree her and Jackie (that snide comment she made about Jen’s house was rude) continuously talking down to Jennifer is doing them no favors.

Teresa turning beet red when Joe tells her he knows about her boyfriend was cute and her crying over her mom was touching.

There’s also Melissa, she’s there.

I think Marge needs to tread lightly with her targeting of Jennifer too, as she could easily find herself in the unexpected VILLAIN role if she isn't careful.

I'm seeing that too. Just as Margaret came in as the Dorinda of New Jersey - a welcome breath of fresh air - she's potentially still on the same trajectory as Dorinda's run.

Another great episode. I love it when Dolores gets mad.

Also that house that Teresa saw was amazing.

God bless this guy for pulling these together each week, the EFFORT to archive for us :D
Danielle revealing that Marge "has quite bad personal hygiene...she doesn't wash very much" :eyes: :D killed me, as her continuing to bring up that Marge stole her couch at every chance she gets :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom