Real Housewives of New York

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
Ok so I couldn't find any separated thread dedicated to this series, but I thought why not? I've just started from the beginning and I finished Season 1 in less than 24 hours :D

My reactions from Season 1:

Jill - She's too nice for this show.
Bethenny - Loved her. She's what every basic white girl wishes she could end up like. But obviously this changes? Lol
Ramona - Oy, this one :D She walks/talks/dances/behaves like white trash and is still somehow a judgemental cunt to the others! Her daughter, Avery, reads her for filth every time. "My mom's dress looks like a BEACH DRESS" :D
Luann - She FEELS like an actual REAL housewife lol. I can't wait to see her get messy.
Alex - Ew. What an unentertaining woman. Her and her rubbish (gay?) husband.

Best moments:
- Everything that Ramona says and the way she LOOKS at things :D I love the way she speaks, it's like everything's a race.
- Countess checking Bethenny for introducing her to her DRIVER :D
- Bethenny's friend saying "Your eggs are DYING" and Bethenny responding with "Wow." LOL

Onto Season 2

Luanne ordering the pizza by calling herself The Countess and then acting all indignant when the pizza person doesn’t get is a highlight.

Season 2 is a a great upgrade with the addition of running oxymoron Kelly Bensimon.

Oh good does she do that as far back as season 1. I must revisit the early seasons once I finally polish off 9 and 10, as I think I watched them like 7 years ago. You have SO MUCH to look forward to KC. Be warned 5 and 6 are considered duds but it’s really non stop :disco: from then on.

Why is Ramona constantly getting up and LEAVING? :D

Ramona getting up and leaving with a glass of Grigio in her hand whilst flapping her other arm and letting out another exasperated "I'M SORRY" is pure ART.

Oh good does she do that as far back as season 1. I must revisit the early seasons once I finally polish off 9 and 10, as I think I watched them like 7 years ago. You have SO MUCH to look forward to KC. Be warned 5 and 6 are considered duds but it’s really non stop :disco: from then on.

Yeah she leaves Jill's dinner party because she was PROMISED A GIRLS NIGHT, but Alex insisted on bringing her thirsty ass husband :zombie: so Ramona makes up some rubbish story about having to be at a party downtown with some REAL GIRLS :D

You’ll find she often leaves for other events or dates which you’re never sure are actually REAL or NOT, or are just made up to make her seem in demand.

She certainly lacks the breeding of a true socialite. I suspect the elitism of actual New York high society wouldn't even spit in her direction lol

The Countess on the other hand....what a woman

!

Season 2 is great, and series 3 is EVEN BETTER :disco:

I love the early season taglines too, they are hilarious:
“To a certain group of people in New York, status is everything.” :eyes:
“I like making my own MONEY, I find that an.................aphrodisiac.”
“I run with a FAAAAAAAAAAbulous circle of people.”

and of course one of the all time greats:
“Ineverfeelguilty about being privilifgfghghfhhfh.” :disco:

Last edited:
I always think that Carole IN GENERAL was the worst, but then I recall she did have at least 2 or 3 genuinely decent moments or lines so I JUST ABOUT let her off. She gets a pass for messiness of her final reunion.

She's such an instant SOLO SCENE SKIP for me though :D

You mean you don’t like watching her eat cauliflower pizzas in the shape of a heart made by her boy toy? How dare you

Also in case you didn’t know, she ran a marathon.

"I contributed to TWO articles for Cosmopolitan Magazine in the early-mid 90s" :D

Alex really is the worst. Her idiot husband talking about granite benches not being "in vogue anymore" and her saying "you don't want your renovation looking like everybody else's renovation" is so painfully cringey to watch. They terrorize that poor architect. He literally looks physically threatened.

Alex really is the worst. Her idiot husband talking about granite benches not being "in vogue anymore" and her saying "you don't want your renovation looking like everybody else's renovation" is so painfully cringey to watch. They terrorize that poor architect. He literally looks physically threatened.

You are in HIGH SCHOOL! And while you are in HIGH SCHOOL, I am in BROOKLYN trying to survive in THIS ECONOMY!

Ok so I couldn't find any separated thread dedicated to this series, but I thought why not? I've just started from the beginning and I finished Season 1 in less than 24 hours :D

My reactions from Season 1:

Bethenny - Loved her. She's what every basic white girl wishes she could end up like. But obviously this changes? Lol
Ramona - Oy, this one :D She walks/talks/dances/behaves like white trash and is still somehow a judgemental cunt to the others! Her daughter, Avery, reads her for filth every time. "My mom's dress looks like a BEACH DRESS" :D
Luann - She FEELS like an actual REAL housewife lol. I can't wait to see her get messy.
Alex - Ew. What an unentertaining woman. Her and her rubbish (gay?) husband.

Best moments:
- Everything that Ramona says and the way she LOOKS at things :D I love the way she speaks, it's like everything's a race.
- Countess checking Bethenny for introducing her to her DRIVER :D
- Bethenny's friend saying "Your eggs are DYING" and Bethenny responding with "Wow." LOL

Onto Season 2

Just you wait on Jill....

I forever hear AAAAALLLLLLLIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Omg someone fucking just kill Alex and her stupid husband. They're so cringey!! The way he confronts Ramona at the fashion show. And Jill reading them and their peasant house :D

Omg someone fucking just kill Alex and her stupid husband.

I think they're kind of sweet :shy: A little delusional, and often naive about everyone else's intentions, but probably better people than the rest

I think they're kind of sweet :shy: A little delusional, and often naive about everyone else's intentions, but probably better people than the rest

I like that they're a very legit couple. But I'm almost certain the husband wanted to be the 'Housewife' on the show more than Alex did. He initiates all of that couple's drama! He does WAAAY too much.

Reactions: RJN
Also I love generally CLUELESS LuAnn is on the show :D It's almost like she doesn't know she's being filmed.

Reactions: RJN
But I'm almost certain the husband wanted to be the 'Housewife' on the show more than Alex did. He initiates all of that couple's drama! He does WAAAY too much.

DEFINITELY THIS :D He always appears at things that are meant to be just for the girls :D

ALSO, they are right. Brooklyn is so much cooler than where the rest of the housewives live

ALSO, they are right. Brooklyn is so much cooler than where the rest of the housewives live

JUST watched that part! They're both pretty fucking awesome tbh. Want to return and spend more time so bad!

JUST watched that part! They're both pretty fucking awesome tbh. Want to return and spend more time so bad!

Me too! I went to college in New York, and I really miss it. Hopefully traveling there will be realistic soon

Mario and Ramona are the cutest couple ever. She's a quirky cunt and he's a dreamy douchebag.

And the way they all mimic Jill's accent :D

Ramona: "I needed to talk to Kelly about her article"

*next shot*
Ramona: "Did you go to COLLEGE? Did you GRADUATE from college? :D !!

It’s a bit rich them coming for Alex’s Brooklyn house when all their apartments are DISGUSTING.

Alex and Simon were truly LOATHESOME in the first two seasons. But they ended up being quite likable in seasons 3 and 4.

They seemed to turn a corner, become more confident in themselves and less desparate for whatever it was they craved so much in the beginning. And it pretty much coincided with Ramona finally making peace with their existence and taking them under her wing.

Adding further evidence to my nonsensical theory that despite the aura of madness, Ramona is always always right about everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom