REM - Shiny Happy People

GOLD AND SILVER SHINES...

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I genuinely believe that Kate Pierson in this video was my very first celebrity crush.

Was that something that almost happened?! :D

I can see why Stipe finds it annoying. It’s really a better fit as a B-52s song than an REM one.

But it’s just so fun!

It's *fine*. Going into waltz-time before the coda doesn't work and it could have done with a few more lyrics but so what? People get so grumpy when a group do something fun and it became a stick with which to beat them. Because Peter Buck is such a music fan and a collector, that rubbed off on him and he decided he hated it (he also hated making the video) - Stipe and Mills were tiptoeing around him by this time and allowed him to veto it from their 'best of'.

REM made records a lot worse than this but, still, it wouldn't be in my top 20/30.

Fine but they have so much better. Their best is At My Most Beautiful imo

It's nice. But yeah I never really feel the need to listen to it. And it's really jarring in the context of the album. Would have been a far better fit on Green.

It's nice. But yeah I never really feel the need to listen to it. And it's really jarring in the context of the album. Would have been a far better fit on Green.

But Green has "Stand" so "SHP" would sound really pale next to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom