Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA (debut album)

Also very interested in the GLOBAL LIVESTREAM, I can only assume that'll be an Infinite Disco style event?

The album appears for the first time on the UK chart this week (at #80) thanks to the new vinyls

Reactions: COB
I will echo the sentiments that it was amazing. I screamed when Free Woman came from nowhere.

The support act was a pile of shite though.

what are her best songs? i like her but i've only ever gotten into lucid.

what are her best songs? i like her but i've only ever gotten into lucid.

I’m a fan of XS, Comme Des Garçons, Tokyo Love Hotel, Cherry, Paradisin’, & Love Me 4 Me.

And her Free Woman mix is the only good thing on that CURSED project.

From the pre-album era I'd also recommend -

Cyber Stockholm Syndrome
Alterlife
10-20-40
Take Me As I Am
Valentine (What's It Gonna Be)

Along with the other recommendations already given!

Yes! Dynasty and Snakeskin are such a PERFECT album opener/closer combination :disco:

I saw her this week and can only agree, what a SHOW! :disco: She treated it like she was headlining the 02, and I was frankly BUYING whatever she was selling :disco:

Snakeskin' was probably my highlight, or the full 80s power ballad moment of Tokyo Love Hotel (WHY was this not a single of some sort? It's clearly more popular on Spotify than the other album tracks considering it's place on the tracklist). I could even stomach Chosen Family (I appreciate the message, it's just not FOR ME) as it was quite sweetly performed, and clearly means a lot to her fans.

Speaking of her fans - what a LOVELY CROWD. Genuinely one of the most respectful and least aggy crowds I've ever known at a gig. And they hung onto Rina's every word/knew every word of every song/clearly adore her. It was so sweet to be part of.

My only real NOTE would be that I wished we'd had a bit more of Lucid than one verse and chorus, as it was popping OFF! We also didn't get the new song, which would have been NICE. When your only really critique is that you wanted MORE, you know that a star has well and truly been born :disco:

WHY has she not put her Roundhouse live stream available on demand? It seems so stupid to only have it live for 48 hours, I'd deffo have paid for it to watch in my OWN TIME if the option was there to do so.

Anyway, some lower res but very watchable rips have appeared online for anybody curious

The Snakeskin and Paradisin' performances in particular look SENSATIONAL, even more so than when I saw them in the flesh :D

A POPSTAR! :disco:

STILL listening to this album very regularly. Really a completely unique lightening strike moment. I have NO IDEA if she'll ever be able to follow it up tbh, but I HAVE FAITH!

(also please press the Rina EP again on BIGHT ORANGE vinyl xxx )

• Love
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom