Rina Sawayama - Hold the Girl

She can do so many different genres so well. I love it

The tour is interesting - 2 nights at SWG3 is an odd move; I can only assume Barrowlands and O2 Academy weren't available on a suitable date. Bit of a serve doing a two-nighter.

Absolutely obsessed with this and now seeing her at Brixton and it might be the best thing I’ve ever decided in my life ever. She is incredible!

(Apart from the ‘Let’s go girls’ at the start which IS Shania verbatim, the rest of the song is far more Gaga than Twain to me)

Just grabbed tickets for her too. She was our first gig following THE EVENT, and it was one of the best I'd ever been to. Such a good way to get back into live music :disco:

The charts are so confusing these days that I have no idea what success looks like for someone like Rina, but I'm a little disappointed this doesn't look like it's going to see any chart action.

Rina has literally never charted with her own music and this song is as niche gay interest as can be... I have to assume @OutSynk was deploying subtle sarcasm there :D

omg :D how did I do that? eyesight fucked from hayfever. that's so offensive to you, sorry babes

New single. Pleasant enough but edgy it ain’t

The new one is very cute (and obviously better than the work of the insane Jim Corr) but I am hoping for something a bit SPIKIER from her next. More metal please Miss Rina!

It's not romantic here in blue
Swimming, swimming in blue
You left me lonely and confused
Question, questioning you
So soon goodbye you stole my heart
Believe, believing you
Was it a lie right from the start

Answer, answer me do

:eyes:

• Care
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread