RPDR UK S3 E1

With all the exaggerated regional accents there’s something quite REFRESHING about Victoria’s middle class twang.

Omg was Charity Kase just declared SAFE?!! She seems like an AWFUL PERSON but is obviously leagues ahead of EVERYONE ELSE?!!!

Still not finished the episode but right mow I feel like Victoria, Charity, and Krystal are leagues above the rest.

I really didn't get any of Victoria's looks. Good, yes. But so nowhere Krystal or Charity.

The fact that they had zero clue what River Medway was going for with that first look :D

Did any of us? That fucking saved her BECAUSE it was so ridiculous.

I thought this was incredibly strong overall. Gone are the days of Scaredy Kat and Vinegar Strokes; even the weakest here were miles above that.

I also thought the judging was almost spot on with maybe two exceptions. I thought Charity Kase was really strong and should have been top 3 over Scarlett, whose Queen Elizabeth look was fine, but 80s look was really mediocre (I agreed with Charity on that). River Medway's looks were shit, but she sold that first one so much (kept thinking she was gonna scream 'Look over there!') that I'd have put Veronica bottom 3 to kick her up the arse - she brought absolutely nothing.

But overall, I thought they got the right bottom 2 and right top 2, and made the right decisions on bot lip syncs which is completely shocking to me.

Glad to see Victoria doing such a great job representing cis-women on their first ever outing on the show and my god...the attention to detail from Krystal was astonishing for someone at 19. The way she has sculpted her face to create those contours shows a true dedication. She seems pretty humourless though, so think she'll struggle on some of the more 'fun' challenges.

Oh and final comment - I like the top 2 and bottom 2 both lipsync format. That's fun and means we get to see double the queens' skills each week. Good decision.

Krystal was absolutely stunning and flawless, not here for any comments on her Instagram aesthetic when she knocked it out the park so effortlessly.

Charity blatantly robbed, surely a case of either not making it look like she’s the obvious front runner, or more likely, HATED BY PRODUCTION!

Scarlett Harlet is very lucky he’s pretty.

He’s also entertaining.

I think my biggest issue with Victoria is that she resembles Lawrence Cheney too much in drag.

Oh and final comment - I like the top 2 and bottom 2 both lipsync format. That's fun and means we get to see double the queens' skills each week. Good decision.

Do we think it will be done for every episode? I thought it seemed unnecessary at first but it turned out well.
There’s been an inflation in lip syncs in recent years, I think I prefer to have one strong lip sync at the end of the episode over several ones.

I could've done without the winners lip sync and had them just hand Victoria the win for the challenge tbh. They've done enough work as it is!

Charity was absolutely robbed of a top 3 place but I assume she has lots of absolute killer looks to come and they just don't want to make it obvious in giving her a top 3 every week.

Veronica's outfits both looked very last minute. Like they were switched and she didn't have much time with them. They were both so amateur and not a cut on what she brought in S2.

Regarding both Veronica and Charity, I've always disliked thay the 'safe' queens don't get any critiques at all. It means both high and low performing queens that week just get pushed backstage and the viewer forgets their narrative for that week. If someone performs really badly, they don't keep them on stage and criticise them they just get away with it. And vice versa for someone who performs well.

Reactions: COB
DRUK, as ever, serving perfect casting.

The less said about the fashion the better, obviously. I think we delivered more polished looks in Year 9 Textiles.

How did Veronica come back with a glow-down? Horrific entrance look, that VMA moonman thing was Bottom Two material.

Ella Vaday is prettier as a boy.

It's odd how much of a different vibe Victoria Scone has compared to the other queens. She radiates a very soft, mumsy feminine energy. I hate her.

The judging was, as ever, completely nonsensical. I am so bored of Michelle.

Elektra Fence ate that lipsynch.

And River Medway pointing for her life was immediately iconic. She is the culture, she is the moment.

Good episode and really promising bunch of queens. It peaked during the entrances and everything else was a bit of a letdown. Bit rough to launch with two sob stories (never my favourite thing about this show) and two covid related stories too. Sign of the times I guess, Ru must be thinking this is the way to add some British awards to all those Emmys.

I'm surprised some of them came out with such half hearted efforts seeing as this is the one looks you can be sure will be seen.

The right one went home but there's clearly a whole heap of messiness who stayed behind for maximum mayhem going forward. I really didn't like the killer klown but that's just not an aesthetic I enjoy anyway. For what it was, it was well executed but I avoid Dragula for a reason and don't enjoy it here.

It was interesting how all the young girls who've grown up with the show were all YAS HONEY I'M GONNA WERK every other sentence and seemed to only speak in phrases from the show :D

It reminded me of this in terms of an introduction to a Queen. Although obviously with a whole lot more commitment.

giphy.gif

Wish we'd had Alan to react to it rather than Graham.

I do feel we are missing someone to be able to match the legendary stun-gorge and lip sync supremacy of T A Y C E this season.

Tayce was SUCH a unique legendary moment in reality TV. I've had to accept we're unlikely to ever get anybody close to her again as lightning rarely strikes TWICE.

Can't wait for her to be the UK's answer to Jujubee as the fan fave that stomps her way to the very end of multiple seasons yet NEVER WINS! :disco:

A LEGEND!
tayce-drag-race.gif

tayce-its-true.gif

I wonder with BBC Three RETURNING on TV at some point, casting consciously went after younger queens for this season to really try and further build a super-young fanbase for the show.

I've watched so many seasons of Drag Race, and this is the first one ever where I've felt a bit shocked at how young the entire cast (aside from Veronica) seems to be.

DEBUNKED!

Last edited:
I didn't twig at all how young they are. I think that's probably due to them being a well rounded group in terms of what they seem to be offering.

Tayce is utterly fantastic.

She'll probably have a self-conscious comeback where's she a shadow of her previous self, then subsequently throw all that off, have another, more triumphant return and storm off again as an even bigger star :disco:

I wonder with BBC Three RETURNING on TV at some point, casting consciously went after younger queens for this season to really try and further build a super-young fanbase for the show.

I've watched so many seasons of Drag Race, and this is the first one ever where I've felt a bit shocked at how young the entire cast (aside from Veronica) seems to be.
There are only four of them under 25? Half of them are 29 or over!

Are you sure it's not just that you're getting old? :basil:

I didn’t notice they were a particularily young group and I don’t mind as long as the quality is good both in terms of what they bring, and in terms of entertainment value.

God this is so much better than the boring US seasons. :disco:

I didn't get Victoria looks at all, Charity was so much better, but I guess being the first woman ever doing DR had to do with it, good for her.

Choriza ❤️ I was worried she would be terrible but I loved her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom