RPDR UK S3 E1

Veronica posted on her Instagram that she only had eight weeks notice to put her Season 3 looks together, and she had no income due to the COVID lockdown.

Veronica posted on her Instagram that she only had eight weeks notice to put her Season 3 looks together, and she had no income due to the COVID lockdown.
She didn't know she was going back?

8 weeks seems like quite a lot of time, I’ve heard some seasons it was only 3.

I suppose she might not have expected production to start so soon?
Perhaps, but I doubt she'd have had significantly less notice than the others in terms of definite date, and she still would have known she was going back on it longer than the others thought they MAY be, wouldn't she?

And in terms of budget Raja made it to the final and her entire wardrobe was under $1000.

I suppose they can't make outfits until they know the "theme" of each week etc? Which means she must have had the same time as everyone else, but she certainly had longer to up her ideas in general. Plus the rare gift of retrospect to improve on her work and...well

I feel like $$$ will always help a less talented queen paper over the cracks, but an imaginative and skilled queen without it, could probably hold their own. Whichever way you swing it, I don't think cash was the problem with this week's runways

I don’t remember Bimini or Tayce’s runways looking particularly expensive but they were always well executed.

And in terms of budget Raja made it to the final and her entire wardrobe was under $1000.

That was ten years ago though, and arguably Raja and Manila were the first to really push fashion boundaries on the main stage. I'm not sure either of their looks would stand out as much now as they did then.

One result of the one upsmanship since then is the budget for appearing on the show BALLOONING out of control. I remember watching Bob and Peppermint talking about this and they suggested that the average has spiralled to thousands for the regular series and even more for All Stars. You're right though in the sense that creative ideas and knowing how to construct an outfit yourself can get you far though.

Obviously the video game look was ATROCIOUS but I thought Veronica Green's Rochdale look was perfectly serviceable.

My understanding is that a lot of Queens go into DEBT to prepare looks for the show, so I guess if you'd already spent all your money on the previous season, you might struggle to do it again eight weeks later with few chances to work in between.

I thought her hometown look was still in the bottom three of that category for me. Essentially it was just any old outfit from her closet with a few cotton wool balls stuck on it, wasn't it?

Last edited:
6DBF7F7D-4936-44FC-87DF-ABC0D23592C9.jpeg

Elektra and Tia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom