RPDR UK S3 E7

I enjoyed Alesha as a guest judge and Scandelous is a great lipsync song.

I just don’t care for this season. I think more than anything I’m over Ru.

Also I would like to add to the “this is the Charity Sue that everyone thinks is funny?” Jesus

We need to talk about Ella. They tried to give her the personality edit. And yet, nothing. How is it possible?

Meanwhile, Kitty continues to soar. She didn't deserve the win (her final look was not fashion), but I was happy she got it nonetheless. I think she's on the winner's trajectory now.

Scarlett wore out her welcome a few episodes ago. I was so tired of her by the end. I was shaking and crying as Vanity proved her entire purpose this season, and ate her alive.

I loved this. I thought it was a fun challenge with only five girls left and I was pleased with the outcome too.

Scarlet went out on a high and Vanity sort of redeemed herself with that last look and the lipsync.

I loved the guest judge being overexcited.

And yaaaasss finally Kitty got to win, she’s really amazing.

Very happy Kitty got the win. It may not have been the challenge she deserved it (although I'd say she deserved it as much as anyone, no one was perfect), but she's the only one left I could tolerate winning. She's consistently good and regularly delightful, albeit a walking talking quote bag. Everyone else has fucked up too many times to win, Krystal is not quite it and Ella is boring as fuck outside of a very safe and obvious Nigella.

This season is such a comedown with some truly terrible decisions. You know it's bad when you start to think, "I wonder if Anubis would have been any better than this lot", if given a chance. I guess Scone would have been frontrunner at this stage if not for the injury. But Choriza not being there is so wrong, it's tainted things for me.

Anyway, lovely that Vanity had a proper moment or two this week, but she should never have got this far in the first place. Scarlet left with some dignity which was nice. Alesha was lovely, Charity Sue was annoying.

It feels like a clear two way fight between Ella and Kitty for me now. For some reason, despite Krystal's early wins, she doesn't feel like a realistic contender.

I feel Krystal is getting a winner edit as Ru himself has made a point nearly every week to call out what a star she is. Even last week when she bombed snatch game, he still said how she was born to be a drag queen. Similar to Laurence Chaney last year who Ru also loved winning in the end despite losing steam and performing mediocre the second half of the season.

I just don't get personality from Krystal at all. And that's something Lawrence never lacked. Clearly Ru does have a huge deal of love for her though.

I agree that it’s Krystal’s to lose. Even if Kitty gains more steam it just seems signposted by Ru for a Krystal win.

She just isn’t bringing the personality though. Even her backstory moment this episode felt really shoehorned in and awkward. And I think that’s just down to her being what, 19?

how do the episodes line up? If we’re due more than two additional ones then maybe they’ll do a returning queen episode?

It's late for a returning queen one now, isn't it?

The strong sense I get from Krystal is that, as mentioned, she's very obviously Ru's preferred choice, but she just doesn't seem to be connecting with the public.

I hope if they've filmed multiple winners again they'll sense the way the wind is blowing and give it to Kitty, or even possibly Ella. Krystal would be a very underwhelming, and likely unpopular winner in a season already defined by dodgy decision making.

I like Krystal’s look, but find her so uninspiring. Almost every part of her drag, from her look, to her fashion references, to her drag persona, feels derivative - and derived from other queens on the show particularly. I don’t think Kitty and Ella are that compelling, but at least I get something that feels slightly more authentically them.

Last edited:
The virgin reveal this episode was interesting and humanised her a bit for me, but I just can't get past the 'rich kid playing dress-up' vibe I get from her.

I can't imagine what I'd get out of seeing her in a live show at all.

Bit unfair to discredit people for being rich. I feel like Krystal is the kind of queen that would be able to make rags look well on her.

I agree with Lou that Ella's personality edit was tiresome and she seems like someone who doesn't really care about being a drag queen but I just love how her face looks in drag and some of the looks have been great.

I agree with Lou that Ella's personality edit was tiresome and she seems like someone who doesn't really care about being a drag queen but I just love how her face looks in drag and some of the looks have been great.

I don’t know what she does that makes it look like the area around her eyes is shining while the rest is shadowed.

Did we actually buy the whole timed challenge thing? I mean they supposedly give them 30 mins to change looks and the girls still find time to pause and ask 'so Krystal what is it like being so sexual in drag as opposed to being so sexless out of drag?' :eyes:

I mean there must have been some time element, but having those moments shoved in there was so transparent yet again :rolleyes:

Did we actually buy the whole timed challenge thing? I mean they supposedly give them 30 mins to change looks and the girls still find time to pause and ask 'so Krystal what is it like being so sexual in drag as opposed to being so sexless out of drag?' :eyes:

The second one where they gave them an hour was obviously fake. There were several shots of them just running around and throwing shit just for the sake of it.

I really enjoyed that episode. Alesha was a great judge and the lipsync to Scandalous (what a song, still) was a riot thanks to Vanity and Alesha.

Concur with the confirmation (as if it was needed) that Charity Shop Sue is not fun. Where’s the actual wit in that act? I loved Ella quite openly finding her tedious in the work room.

Feels like an Ella or Kitty win to me, but who knows.

Last edited:
The strong sense I get from Krystal is that, as mentioned, she's very obviously Ru's preferred choice, but she just doesn't seem to be connecting with the public.

I hope if they've filmed multiple winners again they'll sense the way the wind is blowing and give it to Kitty, or even possibly Ella. Krystal would be a very underwhelming, and likely unpopular winner in a season already defined by dodgy decision making.

Pretty sure we all said this about Bimini last year, and it didn't happen.

True, but Lawrence was undeniably a huge personality on the show. I'll be really disappointed if it plays out that way again.

Vanity had the best runway with her final look and that lip sync was GREAT. Totally made her position in the top four LEGIT.

I think at this stage all the queens are better than Lawrence fucking Chaney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom