RPDR UK S3 E9

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
It’s the semi-finals, and this week the remaining queens must take to the mic, writing their own material for a stand-up comedy challenge that sees them roasting the most challenging of victims - themselves. Comedy legend Kathy Burke joins RuPaul as his extra special guest judge alongside Michelle Visage and Alan Carr as another queen is asked to sashay away.

252k Charity Kase (+4k)
174k Veronica Green (0)
172k Ella Vaday (+16k)
162k Victoria Scone (+3k)
122k Choriza May (+3k)
112k Krystal Versace (+8k)
106k River Medway (+2k)
92.6k Kitty Scott-Claus (+11k)
86.2k Scarlett Harlett (+2.2k)
58.8k Anubis (+1.7k)
55.6k Vanity Milan (+2.9k)
44.2k Elektra Fence (+0.7k)

Maybe next week Veronica will go into MINUS FIGURES :disco:

Anyway this was a good episode. Clear win from Ella, but my biggest laugh was Kitty's face when she realised it wasn't going to be a double win. :basil:

Good episode. Kitty and Ella were both quality, but I agree Ella's confidence just nabbed it.

I presume with the filming schedule the way it was, most of the returning queens were able to get back with a 47 hour return.

Well they filmed the season in 3 days so they probably barely left the set :basil:

Good episode. None of them embarrassed themselves, clear winner and I thin Ella might have it in the bag.

Nevermind that episode I've just watched, oh my god at the mega Melanie Thornton vibes of Michelle's hair next week - I'm astounded to see it.

So anyway, this is a 2 horse race. I'm fine with either, but hopefully Crystal will pull a Violet on them for the runway at least.

Vanity had that lip sync, but it was just beyond uncomfortable how defensive she was trying to stay afloat. That was her peak and I'm glad she seemed to instantly relax when it was all over. The face Kathy pulled when they declared their love for each other though :D

I've been #TeamKitty for the last few weeks (and still am) but no one can begrudge Ella a win after that performance in the roast. It would be absolutely deserved.

One of the best episodes this season, a genuinely funny roast, elevated runways all round plus a gander at Ella's HOT PIECE (+ dog) TO BOOT.

LOVELY :disco:

Are we finally coming round on Ella, then? I never really understood the dislike. She seems lovely, if not exceptional (nobody in this cast is).

I've always liked Ella but definitely thought she'd be out mid-season at best :D

The drag isn't amazing and she always looks a bit leaden, lumping it around the stage. But she's funny, the personality is great and the wins have all been deserved wins. I'm on board.

There is just something undeniably BASIC about Ella, and I swing either way whether it’s endearing or not.

Ella did Saturday drag queen on-the-mic downstairs at Halfway To Heaven really well. Runway was a disaster.

I'm not that bothered, but I'm here for a Krystal win out of the three. She's the most interesting to me, and has had some genuinely strong runways.

When we've basically already found the UK's next drag superstars - Bimini, Tayce and to a lesser extent Lawrence, who will presumably reign supreme for the next few years in the hearts of the public, this all just feels a bit POINTLESS to even crown somebody doesn't it :D

Not exactly the focus of the episode, but I fancied Vanity's husband quite a lot and he seemed so lovely :tongueout:

Ella killed it really, I don't think she had a single unfunny line in her roast. At this point I'd say she's a clear frontrunner and honestly I don't think I mind that.

Maybe that but it’s a nice contrast to the rest of the queens.
Agreed. There’s been a calmness about Ella from the start. I think I commented a few weeks ago that she is the best at not getting inside her own head - in fact she doesn’t seem too anxious about the outcome at all. She also has a slightly sharper wit than the rest of them.

Agreed. There’s been a calmness about Ella from the start. I think I commented a few weeks ago that she is the best at not getting inside her own head - in fact she doesn’t seem too anxious about the outcome at all. She also has a slightly sharper wit than the rest of them.
And it’s probably why she comes across as the most professional drag queen of the lot. She has succeeded in pretty much every challenge and at this point is the most deserving winner.
A slightly underwhelming winner maybe, but underwhelming is what this season has been anyway.

I thought Kitty's set was much funnier, for what it's worth. Sure, Ella's set was packed with jokes - it's just... they weren't funny.

I found Vanity's other talent, besides lip-synching. Snatching a cute Estonian half-way-to-bear. I had no idea Estonians had a Scandi accent. I thought Ms. @RaspberrySwirl popped up on the screen for a second.

Krystal ate that lip. And she looked fucking gorgeous every single second. She is one of the most beautiful dolls the franchise has ever given us. Her runway was absolutely beautiful (and made Kitty's look the gawdy mess it was - that being said, Kitty's taste level channeled British woman much more successfully).

Veronica looked a mess. And so did Victoria.

Kathy Burke seems lovely. Let's hope they get her intellectual sister, Dawn French, next season.

To sum up: Come through Kitty, slay us with your loveofhuns content and bubbly personality.

Anyway, I hope next week's song is going to be as good as A Little Bit of Love featuring T A Y C E. It's one of my favourite bops of the year.

Krystal ate that lip. And she looked fucking gorgeous every single second. She is one of the most beautiful dolls the franchise has ever given us. Her runway was absolutely beautiful (and made Kitty's look the gawdy mess it was - that being said, Kitty's taste level channeled British woman much more successfully).

Oh but didn’t you see how rich her family looked? They bought her all her looks. :eyes:

And I don’t have a Finnish accent you bitch! That’s what @OutSynk sounds like.
Getting dragged in these threads what seems like every other day but having no idea what’s going on.

E9Bhc0T.gif

She was a make up student until a year or two ago. I doubt she's made that much. I assumed she was being bankrolled somehow. Good for her, however she's making it work.

FxqD.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom