RPDR UK S3 THE FINALE!!!

Who do you THINK will win?

• Total voters
I went into tonight think Ella deserved to win - she’s not the most exciting prospect but none of them are, and in a mediocre season she’s proved herself to be a great all-rounder.

That said, I did think Krystal had it in the bag from the first 60 seconds of the episode. Most blatant winner’s edit ever (not to mention making Kitty look like an utter TWAT throughout), and she’s been showered with praise through the whole season even when she’s been lacklustre (ie. every challenge other than looks).

She’s 19 and easy to craft a storyline around, and to be honest I figured this might go her way last week when she fucked the reading challenge and still got glowing feedback.

The GAG of the finale, and let us not forget the LEWK of the SEASON, possibly even the ENTIRE DRAG RACE FRANCHISE! :disco:

Screenshot_2021-10-08_at_10.49.23.jpg

Credit to Kitty though for remaining relentlessly positive throughout the whole season and refusing point blank to play the drama / sob story game, even when they tried their darnedest to make her.

Her fate was sealed when Ru nodded off during her interview tonight.

I do hope Kitty gets to be heavily featured in future drag race recap/commentary shows. I just love how she talks.

And even if I’ve never cared for LSL I also wanted to know if she’s still in Dubai.

And even if I love all of them and not that the winner get so much more than the runner up, but things should’ve been the other way round because Bimini > Krystal and Kitty > Laurence.

Ridiculous end to a ridiculous season. Don’t get the win at all- I thought Kitty had a better final and she’s been far more consistent throughout.

Ella did fade badly, having been my front runner, so no harm done there. That final look was appalling/ from terrible make up to a plonked on wig.

And was it me or did Krystal’s outfit not just look like the one she had on last week?

Reactions: D5K
It would mean the world to me.

What would it mean to you?

My parents love me and I've always been happy.

And what's the flip side of that - ever tried to kill yourself?

Honestly, Ru :D

What would it mean to you?

My parents love me and I've always been happy.

And what's the flip side of that - ever tried to kill yourself?

Honestly, Ru :D
It’s too much! She can’t help herself. Heaven forbid anybody had a happy childhood!

I mean mine was HELL so Dionne really should make a comeback already. I'd love to be the week 1 lip sync against Lady Munter, it would be a scream.

• Love
Reactions: COB
I actually thought Ru was going to pull up a screen of their families being held at gun point. Oh I just can't cope.

No, if you want to do Dusty in the finale it has to be In Private or why not showcase her Village People moment that is Reputation. I'm incredulous.

Okay did not see that. She burned them off screen visually, but Kitty is the only show I'd go see of the 3.

As always seems to be the case, I couldn't muster up much interest for the final but would have been happy with any of the three winning. I really couldn't call it during the show apart from Ella clearly fading from contention early on. I thought Kitty had it in the bag for most of the show but that final lipsync was a clear Krystal win. There was not a decent outfit on that catwalk on the end from any of the queens and the state of the Christmas drag during the song was truly abysmal.

I've had a really good time with this season and the hateful reappearance of villains Scone and Charity made me all the more grateful for how positive the final few weeks have been. I quite like happy clappy Drag Race every now and then :D

Definitely up for a super polished US season next as a contrast to this.

Scone's prop, I mean, crutch was interesting. As was the somewhat unnecessary ensemble comment - I mean, I half expected an attempt to get back at Krystal, but that one came from nowhere.

The finale bored me to tears.

That Christmas song was awful. And an especially awkward fit for two and a half of the whitest (but let's crowbar in one half CYPRIOT) queens to ever grace the finale stage.

My non-British bf who has a very rudimentary understanding of drag commented at one point: the optimistic one should win because she looks most like a British girl on a night out. Kitty giving realness.

They did make Kitty seem like a monster in the edit.

Ella's final runway was a disaster. Absolutely nothing about it worked.

Still can't get over queens shaking and crying over Victoria Scone. Her beat was...[insert a gif looking away disapprovingly]. Beyond being a woman, what did she do successfully?

Poor Veronica seems unwell.

All in all, I feel the true winner of the season was Vanity. She gave us tenacity, a few killer lipsynchs and the only catchphrase of the season in DUTTY RICE that no white person can use unproblematically.

That being said, I enjoyed the season as a whole.

Last edited:
I sort of accepted this result, Krystal does seem like she’s a good egg and will take more chances.

Ella Vaday (I sort of like that name less and less the more I hear it), was she wearing makeup?! That finale was a bit of a clunker. I sort of like her but I don’t think I could ever stan, it’s just competent theatrical stuff, I don’t really think she’s got a drag persona at all

And Kitty was exhausting, I see the appeal for some people but it’s just full volume mugging and yelling CAMP!!!11!! I mean they did say she was a bit one note, and then she described herself as camp, funny and theatrical (how diverse!)

Maybe I’m a bit triggered by the word camp, maybe I’m just a bit weary of DRUK contestants using it as a cover-all term for whenever they’ve shambles together.

It’s a season too late for Bimini, but I feel this result did have a parallel with that. Only this way they went for the Queen with more prospects

I really thought Kitty would win. She's such a star. But Krystal was my personal favorite so I'm super happy.

Also, the Xmas song is taken from Ru's Old Navy commercial :D :D

Didn’t she do it for the Holislay special too? I thought the whole thing was just a vehicle to push her Xmas album :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom