RPDR UKvTW - the FINAL!

Including the sound of Pangina's crying in the opening montage bit was just WEIRD, it really felt like the producers were even more obsessed with it than anyone else :D

Seems like a nice enough chap, but I just cannot get my head around Blu Hydrangea as a drag queen. The looks are always technically good but I usually actively dislike looking at them, and the personality and humour always feels like it's just pitched a bit OFF. Oh well!

SO MUCH THIS.

I've said it a few times (VERY unlike me to repeat myself :eyes: ) but I understand that technically their makeup and looks are put together well...I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND the aesthetic. It's not especially fashion...I don't get the references...it's not out there enough to be SURREAL drag...I personally find the taste level to be very lacking.

That said, I bear her no ill will, and I've basically already forgotten about this season :D

I had the result spoiled on insta before I could watch but by the sounds of it the final was a snooze and the winner was a disgrace so let’s just forget this ever happened like all-stars 1.

The most interesting thing about Blu Hydrangea is her love of BLUE AND ORANGE.

I'm glad she dropped that DOVE OF PEACE in her runway look because I was starting to worry I was going to see her marching through Liverpool.

She might just really like IRN BRU - and who can blame her? :disco:

Blu wanting it most doesn’t make her a winner. The message of this series has been you don’t have to be the best to win, you just have to clear your own path to a crown.
I have a couple of rebuttals to that. The first is the path to the crown that you describe is unfortunately the All Stars way and it has landed us with some disappointing wins as a result.

The second is that if someone genuinely cares about the competition and winning it then it does come off in what they bring to it in terms of making effort with looks, in challenges, in lipsyncs. People perform to a higher standard when they genuinely give a fuck.

I don’t know if it was the lack of prize money but I honestly didn’t get the sense that any of the other top 4 queens (except maybe Mo a bit?) were fucked about winning. Pangina, Jimbo and Blu were the only ones in the entire season who seemed to sincerely care.

I have a couple of rebuttals to that. The first is the path to the crown that you describe is unfortunately the All Stars way and it has landed us with some disappointing wins as a result.

The second is that if someone genuinely cares about the competition and winning it then it does come off in what they bring to it in terms of making effort with looks, in challenges, in lipsyncs. People perform to a higher standard when they genuinely give a fuck.

I don’t know if it was the lack of prize money but I honestly didn’t get the sense that any of the other top 4 queens (except maybe Mo a bit?) were fucked about winning. Pangina, Jimbo and Blu were the only ones in the entire season who seemed to sincerely care.
Yeah true my frustration isn’t with Blu but more the show. Blu was actually pretty great this season but her tactics make her an undignified winner for me.

She said it in her closing bid, I looked along the line up and realised I was a filler queen. She could’ve followed that up with “and I stepped it up to prove I’m not” (which I think ironically she did) but she went down the sabotage route of taking out competition rather than trusting her own ability.

Agree it’s been lacklustre and for an AllStars doesn’t work on the BBC without a prize for that reason. I do think Mo came gunning from the start though. She’s served look after look on runway, challenge and workroom. Her orange finale outfit was incredible.

Baga's Maureen from Driving School in this lip sync is making whatever it is she's doing a little bit more tolerable.

Yeah true my frustration isn’t with Blu but more the show. Blu was actually pretty great this season but her tactics make her an undignified winner for me.

She said it in her closing bid, I looked along the line up and realised I was a filler queen. She could’ve followed that up with “and I stepped it up to prove I’m not” (which I think ironically she did) but she went down the sabotage route of taking out competition rather than trusting her own ability.
Part of me has come to think that the fact that she was willing to take out Pangy rather than just playing nice served to demonstrate how hungry she was for it.

What a boring finale with the worst possible outcome.

Seems like a nice boy, but as a queen there’s nothing about her that I don’t hate. Shitty looks and performances and a very annoying drag personality. I can’t believe she now counts among the winners. Talk about diluting the whole concept of winning.

Reactions: dUb
Blu was the deserved winner. I really don't understand the Moopy hatred.

It was a BORING finale, though, and some really terrible lip syncs. I still don't understand what queen turns up without a RUVEAL or a GAG to the finale. WEIRD.

A boring finale is right. I just couldn’t get engaged with a finale of a six-week season that consisted 90% of people talking about the season.

I thought it was better than most of the recent non US finales? It wasn't great, but at least it wasn't same old podcast interview into rehearsals into rap challenge into what would you say to your younger self.

Strong season overall with a lot of weird choices but not a single bad episode. Certainly not AS1 level.

I literally (and I'm not exaggerating) fell asleep during the last couple of lip syncs and was holding my eyes open to see the winner declared.

Well, it's (thankfully) over

I'm happy with Blu winning as much as I would've been for Mo or Juju - I think on paper Blu had done the most, and done what the AllStars conceit wanted her to do really. They never come out in anything boring, and yes sure they're a bit tryhard with the confessionals but what was the alternative?

There's the villainous Baga who only really did Snatch Game (well) and the rest was booger. That finale eleganza look?! What a silhouette - to quote Asia O'Hara, he looked like a damn can of dog food.

Then there's Juju who I LOVE but this season was not the one. And I'm sorry for her terrible childhood, but what a strange reason "Sorry I didn't show up for 2/3 of the season, I saw a picture of my mum" - I am holding onto the belief that she was a last-minute sub and couldn't get herself together in time. I don't think you get re-traumatised by your mother leading you to packing crap runways?

Mo, with no badges - I mean I get it, she DOES ooze star power, so in that sense she will come out of this unscathed, even a bit better if the fandom considered her robbed (the real prize), the runways (for everyone) were good but not stunning - I don't know how she thought she was eating any lipsyncs, she walked really well and the occasional twirls were good, but..?

Weird episode - the eliminated queens reunion just dredged up the bad stuff with no resolution to it, which left things in a weird place. The lipsync songs, as tradition for DRUK were bonkers. The only laugh I got was when I made MYSELF laugh at the "It's Domino by Jessie J" and I made the "It's chocolate" trumpet noise :D - and again with the male-vocalled songs, does any other franchise serve those up as often as UK? Are there no female pop acts in the UK, just Jessie J and ... Kylie? I honestly had no idea what "Supernova" was from the title, but I vaguely remember it now. WHY DOES DRAG RACE USE SUCH RANDOM KYLIE SONGS?!

Anyway, it's chocolate, and it's over, thank fuck. I'm going to start watching Thailand now

WHERE was the CONTENT in this episode? It was absolutely THREADBARE

*20 mins of the queens talking about their experience in the competition*
*20 mins of the judges talking about the queens' experience in the competition*
*5 mins of the eliminated queens*
*3 half-arsed lip syncs to weird song choices*
*flop winner*

Was Baga drunk in the workroom at the start of the show? She seemed rather out of sorts. It was a bit strange to watch.

Now I have to disagree with this.

There was also at least 10 minutes of people talking in various permutations about the CROWWWWN (or Croin)

The crown is MIIINE!
Give me the Croowwwwnn!
Come on Ms RuPaul crown the winnerrrrrr

This was such a shit season :D All the best queens went home mid-season. I can't remember caring less for any other previous finale.

I'm happy for Blu, even if she comes across like a school kid who finally became Hall Monitor.

The best thing to come out of this season is Pangina and her elimination drama. She won the season either way for me.

Last edited:
Omgggg I just listened to Champion :D what’s an insult - even DRUK winners got a no-doubt-hilarious YouTube series.

What does Blu get? A 3-minute prerecorded medley with about 2 original lines that were probably going to be used for any winner, and it sounds like shit too! Comic Relief abs Children in Need will have to pay THEM.

I only hope the poor bitch actually got a trip to Hollywood to record it, totally unnecessary though

Oh and ANOTHER thing - that reunion was another change to go in on Blu, although she justified herself well (I love Pan but saying she didn’t do the same thing to Jimbo wasn’t washing)

BUT how come they didn’t mention that Baga had also picked her lipstick?! She even said “if I hadn’t done it someone else would have”

WEIRD REUNION

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom